Mi Myma
United States
Fountain Valley
California
flag msg tools
Why is there no Word Games Forum or Subdomain?
badge
There should be a Word Games Subdomain, or at least a Word Games Forum!
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the title clear?

The card says, "Players must pay one food to Plow fields," which to me seems like it means just one food regardless of how many fields you plow with that one Plow action. (And we all understand that more than one field might be plowed with a single plow action, right?) So late in the game, if you used both the "Plow 1 Field" action, and the "Plow and Sow" action during the same Winter round, you'd be paying two extra food - one per Plow *action*.

However, I can see how some might interpret the wording to mean that you play 1 food for each field plowed with a plow action. So in the above scenario, you might pay as much as 8 extra food for plowing in the Winter, if you used the best plow and the Plow Maker.

Which is correct? Is there an "official" ruling somewhere?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keng Leong Yeo
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
aka Uncle
badge
小富靠勤,中富靠智,大富靠德。
mbmbmbmbmb
I looked at the compendium and it seems to say 1 food for every field plowed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mi Myma
United States
Fountain Valley
California
flag msg tools
Why is there no Word Games Forum or Subdomain?
badge
There should be a Word Games Subdomain, or at least a Word Games Forum!
mbmbmbmbmb
I looked in the (unofficial) compendium (v 9.0), and didn't find it. I had looked in the html version, and it's not there. But on reading your reply, I checked the pdf version, and you're right.

The different formats of the same compendium don't contain all the same information. I had assumed they would, so I didn't bother checking both.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.