Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did one of these last year and over 20% of items traded. Can we do it again? It's your last chance to take part in a math trade this year!!!!

If you haven't yet fulfilled your obligations from the last math trade, you cannot participate, otherwise all are welcome from everywhere!

Trade Geeklist: http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/96343/
Request List: http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/96489/

Use of the On-Line Want List Generator (OLWLG) is required for this event (please remember to tip JeffyJeff some GG for his support).

If you have never used this tool before, please read this: http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/OLWLG

There is also a cool video guide by boathouselooper here...

If you're still unsure, feel free to ask questions in the discussion thread.

Key dates (all times are CENTRAL TIME)

Open for posting games: Wednesday, December 28th (10pm) until Friday, December 30th (10am)

Want list submission period: Friday, December 30th (10am) until Saturday, December 31st (10am) - no extensions!

Results posted within half an hour thereafter.

Please do not delete items or sweeteners once you have listed them. You can always submit a blank want list for an entry if you've traded it away before the deadline.

==============

OK - some very, very simple rules - please take a few minutes to read them:

d10-1 Any items, other than cash, are allowed - as long as they are legal to transport. If you honestly think you have something people might trade for, please feel free to offer it..

d10-2 Gift certificate and GeekGold arbitrage are NOT allowed. Neither are cash offerings.

d10-3 Non-game entries must be added as "Outside the Scope of BGG", "Miscellaneous Game Merchandise" or "Miscellaneous Game Accessory" and must include the +altname+ brief description -altname- format in the description of your item.

d10-4 You are expected to describe, as accurately as is reasonably possible, the condition (components and box), language and edition of your item in the description. This includes sweeteners if they are physical items (i.e. not GG).

Please do not use terms like "as pictured" and "players copy" to save time. Using those terms is fine, but NOT as a substitute for the rule above.

For games not brand new (in shrink) you must inventory the game's components and list anything missing. Do not assume it's complete. Also, remember that just because something is "new in shrink" that doesn't mean that you shouldn't disclose any dings. It might not matter to you, but it matters to some people.

Similarly please do not add games you do not currently have in your possession as you can't vouch for their condition. Even a new game might arrive damaged.

d10-5 You are required to cover full shipping costs to others in your country. You are not required to ship outside of your own country but your shipping restrictions outside of your own country must be clearly stated/explained. Please read carefully the shipping policies for items you put on your want lists.

Exception: Shipping to HI and AK is voluntary for U.S. participants, although I ask that you do consider doing so.

Any ambiguity shipping abroad will be interpreted as generosity on your part. This means that if you don't include a shipping policy, then it is assumed that you will ship anywhere in the world for free!

d10-6 Sweeteners are to be listed using the "Insert Geek Link" dropdown or you can manually insert the GAMEID using BGG formatting. If you don't use this format your sweeteners won't show up in the OLWLG properly.

d10-7 If you've been reported to me as a bad trader, I reserve the right to remove your entries.

d10-8 Please do NOT include links to other games in your entry unless you are actually including them as a sweetener, as this is displayed in a misleading manner by the OLWLG.

d10-9 If you feel the need to use them, please keep disclaimers short and to the point so they don't make things hard to read. If you need to use a longer disclaimer, please include a link to it in each of your entries instead of copying the whole thing into each entry - thanks.

d10-1d10-0 Finally - you are expected to periodically check during the item submission period, and preferably during the want list submission period, to see if anyone has commented on your entries. People often ask questions of items - most commonly because you have forgotten to state a version, language or shipping policy - and you should check in to address such questions in a timely manner should they arise, so that everyone then has the correct information available.

You will NOT be able to respond to comments in the GeekList once it is locked down and the submission period begins.

Other useful information

Software Used: TradeMaximizer 1.4 with duplicate protection. SEED=1234567, ITERATIONS=100, METRIC=USERS-TRADING

Please note that it's best to work on your want list and submit them early - you can always make changes and resubmit later. This will prevent you from being left out if you forget the deadline.

Also: Creating want lists is not the same as submitting them. To submit them you will need to click on the "Submit My Wants" button. If you're not sure how to find this, consult the documentation referenced above or ask in the discussion thread.

When you submit your want lists, you will receive a confirming GeekMail. If you don't get one, your want lists haven't been submitted. Your want lists in the GeekMail may be truncated - this is fine.

Thanks for reading to the bottom here - you may be in a minority.

Please enter lots of items and have some fun with this. Good luck!

%Options%
Deadline-Offers: Friday, December 30th, 2011, 10:00 AM CST
Deadline-Wants: Saturday, December 31st, 2011, 10:00 AM CST
%End%
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Out With The Old, In With The New II - a short unrestricted math trade
Official Results: http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/trades-summary.cgi?listid=...

The following people missed out:

# MISSING 114 WANTS (6.6%) FROM 22 USER(s) (9.6%):
# aronbc (1)
# BillJ1967 (5)
# Cate108 (6)
# Comfect (1)
# dentarthurdent (1)
# Dustin Miller (8)
# easterly1 (13)
# ecargo (3)
# fhsIV (11)
# Fierce_FishSJS (1)
# finke67 (1)
# FrozenHoHos (1)
# GuppyGamer (13)
# juicer (2)
# LoMa (27)
# nightglider1 (1)
# Pimeson (4)
# rltfam (1)
# shootfr0mthehip (6)
# soulyogurt (3)
# Tatsu (4)
# tweetlebeetle (1)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Nicely
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for running this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Harkonnen13 wrote:
Thanks for running this.

No problem. I remembered that I did this last year, and it seemed pretty popular, so...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lo Ma
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WooHoo!

A pre-New Year's math trade!
Oh what end-of-year joy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Eddy
United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Woot! Can't wait!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eekamouse wrote:
Woot! Can't wait!

Then don't. It's open now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Eddy
United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
anglotiger wrote:
eekamouse wrote:
Woot! Can't wait!

Then don't. It's open now.

I meant "can't wait" for the OWLG to be updated with my additions... whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
"It seems, that is, I may have become, quite by accident, the chosen, what what?"
badge
“Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Petit Prince
mbmbmbmbmb
Jack - perfect timing... Looking forward to this one and the fast turnaround...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R.J.
United States
Citrus Heights
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have seen in other math trades where people list a:

"Pick 2 of the following 5 games" item.

What is the best way to list such items???

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
breakaway11 wrote:

Thanks!

I would think Outside the Scope and use altags -Pick 2 from these 5- or something along those lines.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
belial1134 wrote:
breakaway11 wrote:

Thanks!

I would think Outside the Scope and use altags -Pick 2 from these 5- or something along those lines.

Typically I would use "miscellaneous game merchandise" rather than "outside the scope of BGG" but there's no practical difference if you use the altname tags correctly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Miscavish
United States
St. Joseph
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
25 pages in one day! Wowsers...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stoic Bird
United States
Fairport
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmiscavish wrote:
25 pages in one day! Wowsers...

Seriously. I've got a no-ship trade coming up next month, so I was going to sit this one out, but between some really good stuff in there and some requests for things I have that I'm not especially attached to...well, here I am
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Buckmaster
United States
Ada
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is my first math trade and I have been looking everywhere for an answer to a simple question.

If I want for example dixit, and I have 20 games up for trade, if I choose "check all" does that mean I am offering ANY of the 20 for dixit, or does that mean I am offering ALL 20 for that one single game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gregg
United States
Franklinville
NC
flag msg tools
designer
NightfallGame.com/FAQ
badge
boardgamegeek.com/thread/1234645
mbmbmbmbmb
VShadowHeart wrote:
If I want for example dixit, and I have 20 games up for trade, if I choose "check all" does that mean I am offering ANY of the 20 for dixit, or does that mean I am offering ALL 20 for that one single game?

Any. Edit: Specifically, any ONE of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin So
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is my first math trade. I hope this turns out okay. What I'm most worried about is shipping. I don't ship a lot of stuff, especially anything this heavy so I don't really know how to go about it. UPS, USPS, FedEx? Where do I get the right sized box? How much does shipping usually cost? Do I need extra services like insurance? It may seem like a trivial thing to worry about for a lot of you, but I'm very nervous. Does anyone else have any tips about what service I should use, where I can get reasonable priced shipping materials, and any added services (tracking, insurance, etc) that is the norm for math traders?

Here are my two games on the Geeklist if anyone wants to check them just in case I messed something up, I'd appreciate it.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/96343/item/1961144#ite...

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/96343/item/1961228#ite...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
gaseous wrote:
This is my first math trade. I hope this turns out okay. What I'm most worried about is shipping. I don't ship a lot of stuff, especially anything this heavy so I don't really know how to go about it. UPS, USPS, FedEx? Where do I get the right sized box? How much does shipping usually cost? Do I need extra services like insurance? It may seem like a trivial thing to worry about for a lot of you, but I'm very nervous. Does anyone else have any tips about what service I should use, where I can get reasonable priced shipping materials, and any added services (tracking, insurance, etc) that is the norm for math traders?

Here are my two games on the Geeklist if anyone wants to check them just in case I messed something up, I'd appreciate it.

I ship a lot using USPS. You can get flat rate boxes from your local post office and even a wider array of flat rate and non flat rate boxes from usps.com

Depending on weight and distance, your item may be cheaper to ship non-flat rate.

It could take at least a week or two to received any boxes you order from usps.com so I'd recommend picking up a medium flat rate box and see if either of your games will fit in it. If so, you will know shipping within the US is $10.95. Delivery confirmation would be an additional $0.70

Another option would be finding a box (not one from USPS) and ship it via parcel post. It's cheaper, slower, and not as reliable. Delivery confirmation for any method other than Priority is an additional $0.80

*Note the prices I quoted are from going to the post office, not printing shipping online
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Petersen
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi all,

So a noob mistake! I entered Stone Age twice. Then to make it worse I went and deleted it and then read that I'm not supposed to. How can I fix this? modest My first math trade... can you tell?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
gaseous wrote:
Does anyone else have any tips about what service I should use, where I can get reasonable priced shipping materials, and any added services (tracking, insurance, etc) that is the norm for math traders?

I usually use the post office (USPS) because it's more convenient for me. Sometimes it's cheaper than UPS, and other times more expensive, depending on the exact size, weight, and destination. I almost always use Priority, because it's just a bit more expensive but a lot faster. Once in a while the price difference is big enough that I'll go regular First Class or Parcel Post. I get delivery tracking unless the game is super cheap. Beware that "Media Mail" is probably not allowed for games, so it is risky to use.

I usually have boxes around from games I have received. If you don't have any, flat rate boxes are convenient (if they are the right size for what you need). Otherwise, you would be wise to find some boxes before constructing your want lists, measure them, weigh them (there are 24-hour self-service scales at many post offices), and use usps.com (or ups.com) to get some shipping costs estimates to various zip codes. In your case, probably one in California and another in New England would be sufficient.

Your listings look ok to me. The part about the Space Alert expansion being optional is a bit odd. If it's really included, you might want to make that clearer, in case it makes more people want it. I only looked briefly, so could have missed a problem.

Don't trust anything I say from here on, because I'm just guessing.

Space Alert is a pretty big box, and fairly heavy. I couldn't find a flat-rate box to fit it, so when I sent mine out I think it cost me about $15.

Shadows Over Camelot is smaller, but according to BGG is heavier. I don't know if it would be about $11 (if you can fit it in a medium flat rate box) or more like $15 (if you can fit it in a large flat rate box).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Filpus
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, there's a lot of Quarriors on this list. I guess it's a case of buyer's remorse...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gaseous wrote:
This is my first math trade.

Welcome to the fold Kevin.

Quote:
I hope this turns out okay. What I'm most worried about is shipping. I don't ship a lot of stuff, especially anything this heavy so I don't really know how to go about it. UPS, USPS, FedEx? Where do I get the right sized box? How much does shipping usually cost? Do I need extra services like insurance? It may seem like a trivial thing to worry about for a lot of you, but I'm very nervous. Does anyone else have any tips about what service I should use, where I can get reasonable priced shipping materials, and any added services (tracking, insurance, etc) that is the norm for math traders?

That's a lot of questions.

The best advice for shipping is save all boxes and packing materials for the items you receive - reuse is better for the environment and saves you a lot of money. Then shop around for the best shipping deal. I opened a FedEx account because I've found that for domestic shipping they beat USPS most of the time and include real tracking and insurance is included. I usually reserve USPS for international shipments and small packages. My shipping cost is typically $8-12 for domestic shipments based upon size/weight.

Quote:

Looks OK to me...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
xtn574 wrote:
Hi all,

So a noob mistake! I entered Stone Age twice. Then to make it worse I went and deleted it and then read that I'm not supposed to. How can I fix this? modest My first math trade... can you tell?

Change the entry to "outside the scope of BGG" and change the content of the entry to something like "duplicate entry deleted". Make sure you don't accidentally put anything on the want list for it. This has to be done before the list is locked at 10am CT on Friday.

After you've done that, then next resynch of the OLWLG should take care of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GregF wrote:
Wow, there's a lot of Quarriors on this list. I guess it's a case of buyer's remorse...

Funny - what stood out to me was the number of copies of Arkham Horror. It's much more fun with at least one expansion folks, really...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Cox
United States
Sugar Land
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Is the gentleman with the BroStache invited to this party?
mbmbmbmbmb
GregF wrote:

...or a lot of Math Trade speculators

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.