Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremy Olson
United States
Troy
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it just me or does this game seem to come with WAY too many wound cards? I have only played the intro scenario so far, but at the end of that I had two wounds and my friend had zero. When you pull out that stack of cards it seems kind of silly to have more wounds than spells and artifacts. I suppose in a four player game it's possible for each player to get up to 10 wound cards... but you might be doing it wrong if that's the case!

Am I way off base or does anyone else wish there were a few more action cards instead?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
I got WAY more wounds in the Solo Conquest scenario than in the intro scenario. While there are probably still more than needed, I can see in a 4 player long scenario that you could conceivably use a lot of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
alanias wrote:
Is it just me or does this game seem to come with WAY too many wound cards? I have only played the intro scenario so far, but at the end of that I had two wounds and my friend had zero. When you pull out that stack of cards it seems kind of silly to have more wounds than spells and artifacts. I suppose in a four player game it's possible for each player to get up to 10 wound cards... but you might be doing it wrong if that's the case!

Am I way off base or does anyone else wish there were a few more action cards instead?

At the end of round 5 in my game the other day, I had 22 wounds in my deck.

I dont think it is as simple as "print 8 less wound cards so you can make 8 more different action cards"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lindsey Dubb
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
PaulGrogan wrote:

Youch! How did you manage to discard that many in one round?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
Lindsey wrote:
PaulGrogan wrote:

Youch! How did you manage to discard that many in one round?

I didn't

I actually spent all of the 6th round sat in a monastery, using my +5 reputation to get lots of healing. I still ended the game with 11 in my deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.