Hide
4 Posts

Agricola» Forums » Rules

Subject: Cards that function as farmyard spaces rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bombastador Influenza
msg tools
Hi. Me and my fiance were playing and we wanted to get a ruling on a few cards. Specifically the beanfield/lettuce patch and others that "function as farmyard spaces". We are not sure as to whether these cards cover a space on your gameboard (and harvest resources off them), or whether you put them off to the side and do the same actions. Thanks for your help!arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keng Leong Yeo
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
aka Uncle
badge
小富靠勤,中富靠智,大富靠德。
mbmbmbmbmb
For the beanfield and lettuce patch, they do not cover any space on the gameboard and are placed at one side. The crops you grow on them are placed on the card and harvested in the same way as fields on your farm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Shields
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sweethag wrote:
Hi. Me and my fiance were playing and we wanted to get a ruling on a few cards. Specifically the beanfield/lettuce patch and others that "function as farmyard spaces". We are not sure as to whether these cards cover a space on your gameboard (and harvest resources off them), or whether you put them off to the side and do the same actions. Thanks for your help!arrrh

It's simpler if you don't think of these cards like farmyard spaces. They are just minor improvements that have an effect that is similar to something you might do with a farmyard space.

In general, just read the cards literally and most of the time you'll be ok. If the card doesn't say to put it on your board and cover up spaces, then you shouldn't do that.

Now if you plant vegetables on these cards, they do count as "planted vegetable fields" for the purposes of prerequisites. That bit can be confusing, since they don't count as fields for scoring. But they still stay off to the side of your board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike T
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
When I saw the title of this thread, I assumed it was a question about Farm Extension or Moor Enclosures from the Farmers of the Moor expansion. Those are the only two cards I know of that function as farmyard spaces. Others may function as fields or pastures, but they aren't farmyard spaces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.