Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
'Bernard Wingrave'
United States
Wyoming
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking for some help printing the "printer friendly" rules version 2.2, found here:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/72816/panic-station-en...

The PDF is 17 pages long. 14 of the pages print with large margins, which is fine -- I can cut them off, and then the rules printout will fit inside the tin.

But the other three pages (pages 2 "Welcome...", 4 "Remove the hive card" and 5 "Parasite Phase" as numbered by the PDF program) get cut off when I print with the default settings. If I change to "fit to print", they print too large, and they won't be the same size as the rest of the pages when I cut the margins off.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

b

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mercedes (Mandy)
Japan
Setagaya-ku
Tokyo
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Tokyo Game Market here I come!
badge
Sorry if I'm slow in reading mails. I'm currently working hard on some Alley Thieves
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually printed it using the Booklet setting on the printer properties. It prints 2 pages next to each other, and also prints on the back of the paper.

If you just select the default setting for the Booklet option, it'll print everything out, and you fold it, and it should all fit in the tin perfectly.

This is how I did it on my printer: Canon
From Adobe/your PDF reader
Select PRINT (page scaling NONE)
Click on the PROPERTIES button
Go to PAGE SETUP
Select BOOKLET under the PAGE SETUP section

and the printer should do all the work for you.
Just fold the pages in half and it makes a perfect booklet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Bernard Wingrave'
United States
Wyoming
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the suggestion.

Unfortunately, when I tried printing as a booklet, the text came out really tiny -- something like 5 pt for the main body of the rules, which is too small for my aging eyes.

I suspect the very large margins of the PDF are contributing to the problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.