Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian Petersen
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So we are setting up for our first run through and I just have to ask... Are the cards supposed to have a mat finish? I find it incredibly frustrating as they stick together constantly. It's like they forgot to spray finish on the cards and just packaged them. Is my copy off or is this intended? I also found most of my counters very very (that's right,2 veries) stuck together. Anyone else having this problem?

Still... I'm pumped about the game. Can't wait to dig in!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Seitz
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be recovered, so we must die. But God does not take away life; instead, he devises ways so that a banished person may not remain estranged from him. 2 Sam 14:14
mbmbmbmbmb
Yea, the component quality of the cardboard stuff sucks. I'll bet you dig the minis, though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Lim
Singapore
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
what??? the cards don't stick together! in fact, i find gloss finishes to be more irritating in terms of stickiness...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcello Tridenti
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the same problem, the ruins counters in particular were literally glued together, as if they'd been piled together before the ink dried completely. Detaching them took some ink away too, and now they look worn out of the box.

I don't really have a problem with that, but for that price tag I'd expect flawless components. Would it be that hard to let the chits dry a little bit before putting them in the box?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rupp
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would sleeve them asap. I noticed wear after I shuffled the deck TWICE.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Seitz
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be recovered, so we must die. But God does not take away life; instead, he devises ways so that a banished person may not remain estranged from him. 2 Sam 14:14
mbmbmbmbmb
rrrrupp wrote:
I would sleeve them asap. I noticed wear after I shuffled the deck TWICE.

My cards spent literally 10 minutes between shrink wrap and sleeves, and they already have some nicks. They came out of the packaging that way. Very fragile cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konata
United States
Highlands Ranch
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One of my night tactics cards peeled at the corner just trying to get it out of the extremely tight shrinkwrap.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcello Tridenti
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also found ot that three cards in a basic deck (edit: and three more in another one) have misprinted backs, meaning there is a white stripe on the left of the card, making them easily distinguishable from others.

Will have to ask for replacements, after checking the entire deck

All in all I'm not enthusiastic about component quality... the artwork is nice but everything could have used more QC.

Doesn't look like they went on the cheap on materials in order to keep the game's price low, anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Petersen
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Konata wrote:
One of my night tactics cards peeled at the corner just trying to get it out of the extremely tight shrinkwrap.

Same here!

BGG news says they're sold out on the publisher end and a second printing is already lined up. Wonder if any of this will be addressed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcello Tridenti
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
valium83 wrote:
I also found ot that three cards in a basic deck (edit: and three more in another one) have misprinted backs, meaning there is a white stripe on the left of the card, making them easily distinguishable from others.

... But replacements were promptly sent. Kudos to customer support.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.