3 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Introduction » New User Questions

Subject: Ahhh! Help me figure out the name of this game... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Clicky Pencil

Ohio
msg tools
So a few years ago at Christmas my grandma bought a new game for our family. We always want to play it at Christmas but it disappeared . Anyways, I can't remember the name of the game and I can't seem to find it when searching for similar things on here. Can anyone help?

Here's what I remember about the game. Some details may be incorrect, but I'm pretty sure they're accurate...

* I think it's a 2-8 player game.
* Each player has a colored marker, as well as 3-4 colored blocks (these are used as blockades)
* What I remember about the blockades, is that once placed, you are the ONLY person who can pass through that square
* You may have to pay to place a blockade and/or pay to remove one of your own blockades so you may place it somewhere else
* Everyone starts on the edge, in the center these are squares marked with numbers, in the set up of the game you're supposed to place the coins on the number (i.e., 5 coins on the 5).
* If you land on a pile of coins, you gain all those coins
* You're goal is to get a set amount of coins (my guess is 20?) and then make it back to one of the edge bases (the bases were only 3 squares on each of the four sides... and it was common that once someone had the coins required and headed towards a base, all the other players would put up blockades around that particular base so the person would have to head towards a different side of the board)
* I know it was a roll and move type of game
* I remember the board was set up like a checkers/chess board in terms of squares and moving either up/down/left/right
* There was also squares you couldn't move on... I don't know how best to describe it, but the short image below is a depiction of my memory... X being the type of squares you could not go on... It was much bigger than below, but I just wanted to give an idea of how the "blacked out squares" were set up...

OOOOOOO
OXOXOXO
OOOOOOO
OXOXOXO
OOOOOOO
OXOXOXO
OOOOOOO

These are details I think may be accurate:

* If you land on an opponet, you steal all his/her coins.

* I think the title may have been one or two words. Either a synonym for money, or perhaps it was a synonym or something similar to "backstabbed/being mean" (something about strategy/screwing people over)... but this is just a guess...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Destiny's got her hand way, way up in their puppets! It's an unpleasant tingling! The deepest of wriggles!
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Spoon!
badge
Well, once again we find that clowning and anarchy don't mix.
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it this one? Catch-22

I thrifted this a couple years ago but gutted it for parts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clicky Pencil

Ohio
msg tools
Thanks so much!!

Now that I think about it... that might have been in the game board closet and all of us just assumed it was some old game involing playing cards and not the one we were looking for... laugh

THANKS!! ^_^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.