Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Novak
United States
Charleston
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Deeply discounted at coolstuffinc for $60. That is a nice savings from the $85 normally offered from them and certainly from the $125 offered direct from DG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
64 pages of rules... no glowing reviews. CSW full of rules questions.
I'll pass on this one unfortunately. I was hoping to see more positive news about this game and its ability to be played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Novak
United States
Charleston
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hipshot wrote:
64 pages of rules... no glowing reviews. CSW full of rules questions.
I'll pass on this one unfortunately. I was hoping to see more positive news about this game and its ability to be played.

I don't think there are that many rules questions compared to any other comparable, new games. And the core rules are really only pp. 8-45, about 37 pages worth, as pp. 45 onward concern special "look up" rules that may or may not be used depending on situation. But some of the rules seem pretty odd and/or irrelevant at first glance too, until you understand the context within which they will occur - lots of this. One more thing about the rules - they are clearly organized and a pleasure to use, though they could use an index.

One disappointing thing though is the amount of errata right off the bat. Also, there may be some question as to whether a particular strategy/circumstances might break the game as is being discussed on CSW.

Concerning the errata and possible "super Japanese strategy", I have no doubt that these items will be corrected as there is very good and active support on CSW. Minor things IMO for the bang you get.

FWIW, I have provided a bit of a review in the comments section of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Prowell
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
big_m0dem wrote:
One disappointing thing though is the amount of errata right off the bat. Also, there may be some question as to whether a particular strategy/circumstances might break the game as is being discussed on CSW.

Concerning the errata and possible "super Japanese strategy", I have no doubt that these items will be corrected as there is very good and active support on CSW. Minor things IMO for the bang you get.

As the designer, I can tell you that nobody is more disappointed with the amount of errata we've found than I am. But what Michael says after that is true -- we're absolutely dedicated to supporting this game and fixing all errata plus the Japanese super-strategy that's being discussed on CSW.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slyvanian Frog
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you updating Living Rules for both this and TK! monthly as well? I went over to the Decision Games site, but the last Living Rules I see are August/September.

I hate errata, and would much rather be able to just print out a corrected and updated set of rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Prowell
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
SlyFrog wrote:
Are you updating Living Rules for both this and TK! monthly as well? I went over to the Decision Games site, but the last Living Rules I see are August/September.

I hate errata, and would much rather be able to just print out a corrected and updated set of rules.

Yes, Sylvanian, I will continue to publish monthly updates for as long as I continue to find errata. Hopefully that won't go on for too much longer. ;-)

I post the errata here and send the living components files to Decision, who should be posting them on their website. The last such files should be dated December 2011. If you're not getting what you need, feel free to PM me directly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slyvanian Frog
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thomasprowell wrote:
SlyFrog wrote:

Yes, Sylvanian, I will continue to publish monthly updates for as long as I continue to find errata. Hopefully that won't go on for too much longer. ;-)

I post the errata here and send the living components files to Decision, who should be posting them on their website. The last such files should be dated December 2011. If you're not getting what you need, feel free to PM me directly.

Thanks. You might contact Decision Games, because the latest files on their site is 9/10/11. See here: Decision Games Living Rules Page.

I'll also shoot you a PM with my email address so you can send me the most current. Much appreciated!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim F
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Who knew trench warfare could be such fun?
badge
Ashwin in front of Tiger 131
mbmbmbmbmb

Went to Cool Stuff Inc and it was listed at $84.99.

Maybe I missed something or it was a very short sale. Provide link if you can for $60, I'd take a punt at customs at this price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Novak
United States
Charleston
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ashiefan wrote:

Went to Cool Stuff Inc and it was listed at $84.99.

Maybe I missed something or it was a very short sale. Provide link if you can for $60, I'd take a punt at customs at this price.

I think that sale ended around 12/31. There were 17 available, and by the end of the sale, I think there were 5 left.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Theissen
United States
New Richmond
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Paid $60 on sale. Not worth it even at discounted price. I thought game publishers, due to customer complaints, had stopped the practice of furnishing thin counters. Obviously not. Thin counters here, also one of my sheets was poorly printed, with significant offset 'bleed'. This game does not impress me so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Hung
Hong Kong
Wan Chai
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is a bargain at $60, I am pretty sure. But I got it through preorder!cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.