Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Schloesser
United States
Jefferson City
TN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With Darren leaving, that left Kurt, Jay and I, and we elected to play a game of Manhattan using the 'Baby Monster' variant (wherein the roaming monster ... played by none other than that lovable Barney ... knocks just the top piece off of a building he encounters).

The game was one of one-upmanship with each of us continually 'topping' the others buildings. Early on, it became clear that we were all going for control of neighborhoods. I also pursued my usual strategy of abandoning the quest for the tallest building and instead trying to get as many buildings on the board as possible. I left the struggle for the tallest building to Jay and Kurt, who continually fought over an immense skyscraper in the Upper East Side.

A move-by-move description of Manhattan can be boring to read in spite of the excitement and tenseness of the game. Thus, I will just render the round-by-round scoring. You can get the picture from the scores:

Round 1: Greg 7, Jay 6, Kurt 1
Round 2: Kurt 15, Greg 13, Jay 10
Round 3: Kurt 29, Greg 24, Jay 15
Round 4: Kurt 40, Greg 39, Jay 24
Round 5: Greg 56, Kurt 52, Jay 36
Round 6: Greg 70, Kurt 64, Jay 53

The ratings: Greg 8, Kurt 6, Jay 6

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.