Field Commander: Napoleon» Forums » General

Subject: Making choices for the Enemy rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marko Horvat
Germany
Kaiserslautern
flag msg tools
Transitive and inversely well-founded frames spell FUN! http://yudkowsky.net/rational/lobs-theorem
badge
Scary, huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a quick, short question.

When making choices for the Enemy, should I choose:
1) the best ones for the Enemy,
2) the best ones for me, or
3) roll a die?

This is my first solitaire wargame, so I wanted to make sure I'm playing properly. I'm sure the game is calibrated in a way that the wrong type of choices might render it unplayable, or at least fairly unbalanced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sascha Kutzmann
Germany
Krefeld
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is not a real way to play it right, it all is up to you, i prefer the Dice myself

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tuomo Syvänperä
Finland
Nahkela
Other (Non U.S.)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I read somewhere (in the rulebook? Not sure) that you should make the decisions in a way that is best for you.. The added advantage this gives you is taken into account in other areas of the game. But not quite sure about this. Might be that I'm mixing this up with some other game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marko Horvat
Germany
Kaiserslautern
flag msg tools
Transitive and inversely well-founded frames spell FUN! http://yudkowsky.net/rational/lobs-theorem
badge
Scary, huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
The "Solitaire Decisions" section just gives you examples of situations where "you choose". I guess (it should probably be obvious to me!) that means I get to choose what is best for me, because in most situations (which are by themselves fairly rare) the choice would hardly affect the overall outcome anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Stark
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
That's pretty much how I do it. If I get a choice, I choose what will benefit me the most.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.