Subject: Help this old brain remember a game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jennifer Derrick
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Trying to remember a game I played as a kid in the 70's (although the game was one my parents had before I came along, so it may go back to the 60's).

It was a tic-tac-toe type of game, except it was played 3-dimensionally. The "board" consisted of three, clear plastic plates with the tic tac toe grid on them and you assembled them into a tower with brown plastic poles. You played with poker style chips and you tried to get tic tac toe by getting 3 in a row, but you had to get it in such a way that each piece was on a different plate. (You couldn't win with all of your pieces on one plate, or a two dimensional win.)

I remember this was a hard game for me because you had to be able to see and keep up with what was going on on all three levels and I was never good at that. Nonetheless, I'm trying to remember the name of this game.

Any ideas?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerri Mullis
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Could it be qubic? There is a variety of different ones made.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Derrick
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BINGO! Thank you. We had this edition:

Good times. Lots of losses, but good times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerri Mullis
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool, I am glad I could help! I come across these from time to time in my old game quest. I actually have a copy of that edition by Parker Brothers. The game is a lot of fun to play. I have been able to collect most of the ones we played when we were kids plus some that we wanted but couldn't afford. We played Pathfinder and Sub Search at Christmas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.