BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Trades

Subject: Trades ... are sales allowed? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Adams
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
I am looking to sell off my boardgames and military history magazines, but would prefer not to give any of my money to ebay ...

I live out in the country and have no one anywhere nearby that I can play with so ...

Anyone interested? If you are I will post what I have and we can talk turkey then.

dog

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Celina
United States
University City
MO
flag msg tools
mb
You might want to think about loading the board games you own into the system, so we can see what you have. So that people looking for Candyland don't email you when all you have are 3 month war games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
An ash I know, Yggdrasil its name. With water white is the great tree wet; thence come the dews that fall in the dales. Green by Urth's well does it ever grow.
mbmbmbmbmb
Celinashope wrote:
You might want to think about loading the board games you own into the system, so we can see what you have. So that people looking for Candyland don't email you when all you have are 3 month war games.

Ditto. Then do the sweat equity of loading your games to the system and listing them for trade. That will afford people the opportunity to make official trades with you using the formal trade system here, and there will be mediation for disputes, etc.

Otherwise, folks will not necessarily trust you. I know that people without a trade reputation here aren't likely to get accepted offers. There has been too much fraud.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
moondog830 wrote:
Trades ... are sales allowed?

if you are selling you want the geekbay forum and whether you use that or the trades forum, sales should be run through the bgg marketplace so BGG get's it's 3% commission

http://boardgamegeek.com/geekstore.php3
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
An ash I know, Yggdrasil its name. With water white is the great tree wet; thence come the dews that fall in the dales. Green by Urth's well does it ever grow.
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:
moondog830 wrote:
Trades ... are sales allowed?

if you are selling you want the geekbay forum and whether you use that or the trades forum, sales should be run through the bgg marketplace so BGG get's it's 3% commission

http://boardgamegeek.com/geekstore.php3

That's the other thing. You'll owe the 3% to BGG if you use the site to sell stuff.

Have you tried Craigslist? If you want to do minimal effort, avoid fees, and basically not ship anything, that would be your path.

You'll make much less than geekbay or eBay, but you'll not have to invest time and effort.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Adams
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
have never come here to use the forums ... only to research games, what do you mean by loading the board games? Do you mean images and such?

dog

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. Shanmugasundaram
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For each game you own, locate the entry on the geek.
Scroll to the bottom of the page, and click on, "Record Information"
Check the "Own" box since own the game.
Check the "For Trade" box if you want to trade it.

For each game you want, locate the entry on the geek.
Scroll to the bottom of the page, and click on "Record Information"
Check the "Want in Trade" box since you want the game.
Check the "Want to Buy" or "Wishlist" boxes if you'd like.

I think the Want to Buy notifies you if any new Marketplace listings appear.

And speaking of the Marketplace, if you want to sell your games here, there's a guide:
http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Marketplace_Seller_Guide
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Bellevue
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mb
It's threads like this that make me glad the BGG's getting an overhaul and new UI. The site is great after you've figured out how to do everything, but for the average new user, the site is as far from intuitive as it could be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.