Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Williams
United States
Doral
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to be clear, the decision sequence in the card playing part of an operations turn:
1. Non-iniative player chooses whether or not he will play a card. If he chooses to play one, he plays it face down.
2. Initiative player does same
3. After revealing cards, non-initiative player chooses which section of the card he will use
4. Initiative player does same

Is this correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Ferreira
Portugal
Porto Salvo
Porto Salvo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As we play it:

1 - Players select cards at the same time and place them face down.
2 - Then, and in initiative order (non-initiative first), the player reveals the card and say which part he will use. So the Non-Initiative player doesn't have a clue which card the Initiative player is using.

I highly recommend you to play with a dummy card (it existed on the playtest version) that is just a bluff card and doesn't count for hand limit. So the opponent doesn't know if you are playing or not a card at the card selection phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Williams
United States
Doral
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, so the sequence would be:
1. Both players choose what card to play, and put it face down. Can be dummy card.
2. Non-initiative player reveals the card and chooses which section to use. If it is card text, it is done now.
3. Initiative player does same.

Just want to make sure, because every little bit of information revealed will be important.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Ferreira
Portugal
Porto Salvo
Porto Salvo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
topdeckgames wrote:
OK, so the sequence would be:
1. Both players choose what card to play, and put it face down. Can be dummy card.
2. Non-initiative player reveals the card and chooses which section to use. If it is card text, it is done now.
3. Initiative player does same.

Just want to make sure, because every little bit of information revealed will be important.

That is how we have always played it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Holger Joist
Germany
Burghausen
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
brainst0rm wrote:
As we play it:
I highly recommend you to play with a dummy card (it existed on the playtest version) that is just a bluff card and doesn't count for hand limit. So the opponent doesn't know if you are playing or not a card at the card selection phase.

Sounds interesting. Is the dummy card included in the final version? I'm still waiting for my ordered copy...

I think the rules (7.1) as written are not totally clear.
Quote:
Then players reveal their cards and declare how they will be played, beginning with the player without initiative on each front.

Could be treated as both revealing cards (simultaneously) and afterwards declaring use
OR as you wrote: reveal, declare, reveal, declare.

But the summary sheet supports your version:
Quote:
The player(s) without the initiative (starting on the northern front) plays and declares first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Marshall
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SpieleHolger wrote:
Is the dummy card included in the final version?

No

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasta Batman
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Jim Marshall wrote:
SpieleHolger wrote:
Is the dummy card included in the final version?

No
So, without a dummy card, what is the official ruling on this? I would be inclined toward the OP's approach.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.