Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adverb
United States
Yankeedom
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just fishing around to hear what people's various customer service experiences have been with Funagain. Good, bad, indifferent? A friend is considering some purchases from them, but never having used them, I can't advise him one way or the other.

Thanks for sharing your stories.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Debien
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have ordered from them numerous times and never had occasion to have to engage their support.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've made 10 orders with them over the past 3 1/2 years. I've not had any problems with them, so I can't really say that I know about their 'customer service' resolution.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Volk
United States
Richfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
http://www.mortificationofspin.org/
mbmbmbmbmb
Every time I order from them, the game is poorly packaged and delivered dinged. When I engage customer service, they give me a percent off the game. What I really want is a well packaged game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hoier
United States
Sioux Falls
South Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently ordered 2 of the castle sets for Heroscape. They came well packaged and fast, plus the price was amazing. So when my brother got me a gift certificate to them for Christmas I was pleased. I ordered some more Heroscape sets. 2 days later I got an e-mail saying one set is out of stock. They were going to hold the entire order for 30 days to see if it came back in, but I didn't want that. I e-mailed asking to substitute another set that WAS in stock, and within 24 hours got a reply saying the order was changed and would ship soon. Now just waiting.

My only complaint is that you need to e-mail them. Their phone number is useless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff G
United States
Franklin
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've ordered from a bunch of times, usually with no issue. I did have one instance where a game (German version of Loopin Louie) came with a defective part. I emailed Funagain, and they were both quick to respond and quick to send a replacement part.

I usually use CSI or Amazon now, but wouldn't hesitate to order from Funagain again if my usual OLGS were out of what I was looking for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Finkelstein
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Be aware that Funagain is almost always more expensive than other OLGSs, sometimes as much as 20-30%.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louise McCully
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've bought from them a few times and haven't had any trouble
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Etherton
Scotland
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've ordered from them several times in the past and don't recall ever having any problems with them. They tend to have a better selection of imports than many other OLGS's. They've also been great about forwarding replacement parts from foreign publishers.

-Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good company, good operations. 10/10 in my book.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Lake Elsinore
California
flag msg tools
badge
I don't want the world; I just want your half.
mbmbmbmbmb
Why would anyone want to pay funagain's prices?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They carry a bigger selection of games and you can find some great deals.

I just ordered Travel Blog, Hansa T East expansion, and Dungeon Raiders for $35 shipped (used 1 $5 coupon). Not a bad deal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Etherton
Scotland
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Biggie wrote:
Why would anyone want to pay funagain's prices?

1. They carry things many other OLGS's do not (or get imports earlier).
2. Their "free shipping" threshold is lower than many other OLGS's.

They also score points in my book for hosting an awesome store at BGG.CON the two times I've attended so far.

-Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Geller
United States
Agoura Hills
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought a game from the Ding section and a regular game. The Ding game came in crushed.After I contacted them via email. They replaced the game with a new undamaged one. They were fantastic! A+ Prices tend to be a few dollars higher on certain games and alot higher on some. However they are quick in ship and Service. I recommend them. .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwight Lane
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
I've never ordered anything from their online store, but I've had a lot of experience at their physical store (in fact I bought my first euro game there back when they only sold used games). Anyway, great store, although as others have mentioned their prices are usually a little higher.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Er
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
Taxers wrote:
Every time I order from them, the game is poorly packaged and delivered dinged. When I engage customer service, they give me a percent off the game. What I really want is a well packaged game!

same experience. both my games were dinged and dented, and the figurine i ordered was absolutely crushed.

those Styrofoam thingies are not expensive, they really should have used more. i dont even think they used a bag full of them and i ordered 2 full sized games ( Takenoko and Thebes ) and a mini figurine for Okko

quite disappointed
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Added to OLGS Geeklist: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/44058/item/983943#item...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adverb
United States
Yankeedom
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quite a range of experiences. The higher cost than other OLGSs and the availability of sometimes harder to find titles are points to consider, as is their packaging (or occasional lack thereof?).

Thanks to everyone for chiming in. Have a happy new year!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.