Karl
United States
Slippery Rock
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
:l
mbmb
So I decided that I had been good enough this year, to spill over from christmas, and treated myself to put in an order for this POD. Hopefully it won't take to long for the Tyranids to come along and infest my mailbox...

Not that I feel the need to have my combat teams get wiped even faster, but then again it'll be interesting to see just how much faster they will get wiped...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Mistiaen
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, that was interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Jimenez
United States
Antioch
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Been thinking about getting this too along with the other two expansions.

Hope you post a little review when they arrive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arne
Germany
Hamburg
Hamburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered mine the day it was announced (Death Angel hits the table regularly in my gaming group) and the Tyranids arrived shortly after Christmas.

The included Tyranid deck is a replacement for the Genestealer deck and looks really intimidating.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Half of the Tyranids (16 of 32 cards) are "Elite Tyranids" that have special abilities that trigger right after spawning, after an engaged Space Marine moves, or after the Genestealer attack phase, depending on the type of Tyranid.

I plan to get the game on the table this or next week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
United States
Slippery Rock
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Still waiting for mine to show up...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
United States
Slippery Rock
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
They finally arrived a few days ago, well worth the wait. Got them sleeved up right away, but wasn't able to squeeze in a game until tonight...

Brewtal_Legend wrote:
Hope you post a little review when they arrive.
Well, I would, but I'm not going to subject you to my ramblings. I tend to write down some words, re-write them, re-re-write that, delete everything, start over or give up... If I start over I usually end up something that wouldn't be what I wanted in the first place..

Suffice to say that I enjoyed the Tyranid expansion a great deal, not wiping out too fast at all. Managed to bring two stalwart marines to the Hive Lord (read 4th location).... And then promptly wiping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arne
Germany
Hamburg
Hamburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I finally played two rounds with the Tyranid deck this week.
We enjoyed the games very much, they were very tense, as always.
The game may be a little bit harder with elite Tyranids, but not that much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.