Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert
United States
Lebanon
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
Penny Press Kickstarter: 1,284 backers - $60,376! Amazing! Thank you!!!
badge
Play Penny Press!
mbmbmbmbmb
Will all the cards from the Collector's Edition fit in the new tin when sleeved?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristofer Bengtsson
Sweden
Kävlinge
flag msg tools
designer
War of the Ring: Official FAQ Master! Webmaster of www.warofthering.eu Author of the War of the Ring Companion
badge
- This is My Hour!
mbmbmbmbmb
RobertDD wrote:
Will all the cards from the Collector's Edition fit in the new tin when sleeved?

Good question, as there are more cards in the expansion.

If you remove the insert I would guess so, but don't take my word for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Kotler
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
I Love Heavy Dry Soulless Euros!!!
badge
When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That's my religion.
mbmbmbmbmb
Good question... I would like to know the answer as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Mora
Spain
Valencia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, they fit, barely, but they fit, you can close the lid with all the cards inside. Unfortunately, there are not enough sleeves for all of them... cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
keith robbins
United Kingdom
ashford
kent
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi - I got the 2nd edition update and there was more than enough sleeves and they fitted (though just!). The main problem is there is nothing to show how what these replace or the new rules!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristofer Bengtsson
Sweden
Kävlinge
flag msg tools
designer
War of the Ring: Official FAQ Master! Webmaster of www.warofthering.eu Author of the War of the Ring Companion
badge
- This is My Hour!
mbmbmbmbmb
flubmosis wrote:
Hi - I got the 2nd edition update and there was more than enough sleeves and they fitted (though just!). The main problem is there is nothing to show how what these replace or the new rules!!

The new cards replace all the old cards from the First Edition game.

The rules can be downloaded from here:

http://www.warofthering.eu/2nd_ed_down.htm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
United States
Lebanon
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Play Penny Press!
mbmbmbmbmb
flubmosis wrote:

What fitted? The old cards from the collectors edition or the new replacement cards? From your email it sounds like you are misinterpreting my question. I am not looking for the replacement cards, just for a tin to hold my collectors edition cards that are already slaved with premium sleeves. They don't fit back in the original box now, and if this tin is big enough it will be the ultimate solution!

Now, what worries me is that you indicate that the sleeved second edition card stack just barely fits. There are more cards in the CE (because of the expansion) so will that all fit with premium sleeves?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Mora
Spain
Valencia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All the CE cards + the 120 sleeves included look like this:

But as I said before, 120 sleeves are not enough for all the CE cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lou Wainwright
United States
Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still confused also. I have the CE edition, with premium sleeves for ALL the cards in the CE edition. It sounds like you are saying that they therefore won't fit nicely in the tin. Correct? Thanks for checking!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristofer Bengtsson
Sweden
Kävlinge
flag msg tools
designer
badge
- This is My Hour!
mbmbmbmbmb
wainwrig wrote:
I'm still confused also. I have the CE edition, with premium sleeves for ALL the cards in the CE edition. It sounds like you are saying that they therefore won't fit nicely in the tin. Correct? Thanks for checking!

The question is if all the CE cards (when sleeved) will fit if the insert in the tin is removed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Mora
Spain
Valencia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wainwrig wrote:

Well, the sleeves included in the card box seem standard thickness (about 40-50 micron), so I guess your CE cards with premium (90 micron) sleeves won't fit nicely

Veldrin wrote:
The question is if all the CE cards (when sleeved) will fit if the insert in the tin is removed.

You don't get much more depth when the insert is removed (hence you may say the insert is well designed). Still, with the insert in, all the CE cards will tightly fit when sleeved with standard thickness sleeves like the ones included.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
United States
Lebanon
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Play Penny Press!
mbmbmbmbmb
Huh? I thought you said they fit? You even posted a picture of all the cards, sleeved, in the tin. Based on your recommendation I ordered a tin? Now you are telling me it won't fit?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renato Bruno
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Veldrin wrote:
wainwrig wrote:

It looks like the question is: Will all the CE cards (when sleeved with premium sleeves) fit if the insert in the tin is removed?

It would appear the answer is no.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
United States
Lebanon
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Play Penny Press!
mbmbmbmbmb
Why with insert removed?
If that is the only way they will fit then so be it, but otherwise I would like to keep the insert.

Also, note that Mayday has only ever sold one quality sleeve for the CE. there was no choice between penny sleeve and premium, premium was all that was offered. Hence it never occurred to me to make the distinction in my original post.

I am surprised to learn that this new batch is not premium, and from both the thickness of the stack and the look of the sleeves in that picture I thought I recognized the premium quality. Are you sure they are the cheaper ones?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Di Meglio
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The upgrade kit is not designed to store the full set of sleeved CE cards (including Expansion cards), but only the sleeved 2nd edition cards (110 cards) together with the sleeves included with the tin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Mora
Spain
Valencia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RobertDD wrote:

Also, note that Mayday has only ever sold one quality sleeve for the CE. there was no choice between penny sleeve and premium, premium was all that was offered. Hence it never occurred to me to make the distinction in my original post.

I am surprised to learn that this new batch is not premium, and from both the thickness of the stack and the look of the sleeves in that picture I thought I recognized the premium quality. Are you sure they are the cheaper ones?

Hmm...Maybe you are right and I'm incorrectly assuming that the sleeves included with the tin are standard. They looked standard to me (comparing to ffg sleeves for another games), but I bought the CE recently and don't own the first batch of Mayday premium sleeves designed for the CE.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Di Meglio
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The sleeves are 90 micron premium sleeves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
United States
Lebanon
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Play Penny Press!
mbmbmbmbmb
Since my pre-order had not yet shipped I ordered a third tin. One to hold the second edition cards, and two to hold the cards for the CE. Now it should all fit, right? At least until the expansion, lol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristofer Bengtsson
Sweden
Kävlinge
flag msg tools
designer
badge
- This is My Hour!
mbmbmbmbmb
RobertDD wrote:
Since my pre-order had not yet shipped I ordered a third tin. One to hold the second edition cards, and two to hold the cards for the CE. Now it should all fit, right? At least until the expansion, lol.

You should probably order a copy of the Second Edition game, throw away the bits and then store all the sleeved cards in the box!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Di Meglio
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
RobertDD wrote:

Well, with 360 sleeves you should be ok for at least one expansion or two
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
United States
Lebanon
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Play Penny Press!
mbmbmbmbmb
cybernex wrote:
RobertDD wrote:

Well, with 360 sleeves you should be ok for at least one expansion or two :p

Lol. I actually have two friends who wanted cards and sleeves, but did not care about the tin. So I ended up ordering three complete upgrade kits and buying the tins from them. Win win!

Now if only there was a way to get a printed manual.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Tullsen
United States
Tigard
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with eager feet, Until it joins some larger way Where many paths and errands meet.
badge
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.
mbmbmbmbmb
RobertDD wrote:

you are so lucky to own the collectors edition. IT LOOKS AWESOME!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
United States
Lebanon
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Play Penny Press!
mbmbmbmbmb
Military Muskrat wrote:
RobertDD wrote:

you are so lucky to own the collectors edition. IT LOOKS AWESOME!!! :D

I can't tell you how pleased I am being an owner of that. Playing this game with the CE is an experience. I bought the CE without ever having played this game. Of course, I am a huge LOTR fan and with all the positive reviews I knew I was in for something good, but I was still blown away by it on my first play through, and it hasn't ever disappointed, even though I still have to win it, lol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Tullsen
United States
Tigard
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with eager feet, Until it joins some larger way Where many paths and errands meet.
badge
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.
mbmbmbmbmb
RobertDD wrote:
Military Muskrat wrote:
RobertDD wrote:

you are so lucky to own the collectors edition. IT LOOKS AWESOME!!!

I can't tell you how pleased I am being an owner of that. Playing this game with the CE is an experience. I bought the CE without ever having played this game. Of course, I am a huge LOTR fan and with all the positive reviews I knew I was in for something good, but I was still blown away by it on my first play through, and it hasn't ever disappointed, even though I still have to win it, lol.

I don't think I've ever won the regular edition. My brother is a tough opponent but the game is still awesome and the minis rock!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
United States
Lebanon
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Play Penny Press!
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick update: the tin fits all the sleeved cards from the CE. The fit is not 100% perfect, with some of the cards laying higher than the insert, but the lid goes on just fine and the cards don't seem to be moving around. I consider this the ultimate sleeved card storage solution for the CE, and I'll be cross posting in the forums there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.