Subject: Me versus my creation rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joseph Courtight
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In a test game, I played against the AI system I designed in a two player game. We both played as humans. The AI player got off to a rough. Initial it started exploring several the systems around and most of them were full of ancient ships. It was then forced to explore down towards the rim of the galaxy. I however did not run into many ancient ships but did encounter a lot of useless sectors with only one or none plants.

The technologies that were dealt to us were very limiting to only the grid branch do their high costs both of us ended up researching improved hull technology. Both of us installed it on our cruisers over the original plank space and one of the original hull spaces.

Next we began engaging the ancients. I sent the cruiser and against one which was annihilated by poor dice rolling. The AI player however was able to easily dispose of one or two ancients nearby. At this point it was looking like my creation was going to beat me.

Unfortunately it didn't seem to be able to scrape the resource together for another assault on the ancients. I decided to explore for a little bit, before trying to take on the ancients in the center again.

I got the boost I needed by finding several resources as discoveries. Some money which let me take additional actions and some science, that let me develop advanced labs and advanced economics. The AI player also found several discoveries which I later learned for the same exact discoveries that I found except it chose to take the victory points since it always does. After the AI disposed of several ancient ships and colonized it slow down due to lack of money. In this time I managed to build another cruiser and attacked the same ancient ships before. The AI player who had worked his way near this ancient also managed to attack at this time. Since we still had identical ships we did a face-off of dice rolling. I eventually Won. I then easily dispose of the ancient ship, which underneath I found discovery of the cruiser.

Seeing as though his ships were tied up on the other front fighting against the ancients I then invaded his territory with my two cruisers. I also upgraded them with plasma cannons. Since the AI always reacts to attacks it began to send it cruisers down to fight mine. It also counted my research of plasma cannons by researching fusion source which ended up not doing it any good at all. At this point I produced three more cruisers and three interceptors. It but the defense of cruisers its home world while my interceptors flew around to all his other systems. Conveniently enough, they neutrino bomb about technology came about this turn and I evilly researched it. The AI lost its defense of its home world and on the last turn it was left with few systems on the outer rim.

Its score compared to mine wasn't too bad, because I kept drawing ones for the combat reputation and he kept drawing threes and fours.

All in all, it made several mistakes:
-it took the victory points from discoveries instead of the actual discovery.
-It researched fusion source which was a completely useless technology to it.
-It did not overspend when it needs to in order to get extra actions
-it was not prepared for my attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.