Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jay Sachs
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Despite your hope, there is not even any inherent symbolism; gravity is simply a coincidence.
mbmbmbmbmb
I was playing for the first time last week, and a few questions came up. It was turn 6 (I think), and I was playing the US. I played the "Kitchen Debates" card as my headline, and I had more battleground countries. So I got the VP bonus, but following the event text, I also reached over the table and poked my opponent in the chest ... with the longsword I was carrying. Before the ambulance came, he argued that the use of the sword was against the rules. I scoured the rulebook and the forums, and nowhere can I find any prohibition against carrying, wielding, or using physical weapons during the game. It seems obvious to me that since this is not mentioned in the rules or the card text, that my play was perfectly legal. To satisfy my opponent, though, I would like to find an official ruling, however; can anyone point me to the appropriate reference?

Also, since it's now been over a week since my opponent has made a play, I'm claiming victory as well. I can also find no mention anywhere (forums, consimworld, or rules) that there is not a five day limit after which failure to make a move results in forfeiting the game. Have I missed something?

Thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawcomic
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
The stuff that dreams are made of...
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you technically win the game, which will, hopefully, cheer your nights in prison.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stimpson
United States
Westminster
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Between you, you only had one sword?

In certain gaming groups I've known, you wouldn't sit down at the table without checking your supplies of pepper spray, nunchucks (sp?), and smoke bombs.

Was this a family game, perhaps? laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Schmittgens
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And they say Twilight Struggle is not a wargame.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.