Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Myles Wallace
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So this seems like a pretty basic question but are combo plays possible?

Example One: you play a level 5 Clan Cockurn (Swap with a Supporter) and it is the lowest card on the table. The supporter you swap with is a level 7 Clan Makgill (Muster another Clan). Currently, the level 7 is the lowest card in the table, would you get to take it's power of mustering another card?

Example Two: you play a level 6 Clan Makgill (Muster another Clan) and it is the lowest card on the table, so you play a level 5 Clan Makgill and take its action to play a level 4 Clan Makgill...and so on. Is this possible?

Personally I support the use of creative combo plays but I want to see what everyone else has to say regarding this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard James
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
horripilated333 wrote:
Personally I support the use of creative combo plays but I want to see what everyone else has to say regarding this.

The rule of thumb is this: Each power in a combo requires a card to enter play.

Since a card's special power activates only when you play it (and it's the lowest), example one would not combo but example two would.

Hopefully this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Salamone
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Aggravating people worldwide since 1964
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the rules in front of me, but I believe the key word is "muster." I believe powers activate when clans are "mustered." So, if a clan comes into your play area via a "swap" it does not activate because a "swap" is not the same as a "muster."

I hope I'm not wrong because I pout when people yell at me and tell me I'm an idiot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.