Subject: I can fit everything in the old Puerto Rico insert rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Smith
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got the anniversary edition for christmas and i just wanted to let those who have the old version and havn't purchased the new version yet know to hang on to the old insert. I was able to fit all the new components into the old insert and fit it in the new box with player boards.Its snug but i don't fear any damage.With the insert the new player boards will run nearly flush with the bottom half of the box. The lid nearly closes completely. I don't have any pictures but here is how I did it.

with alea logo right side up: of course they can go in any cubby but various components have to be grouped together and this is how i did it

top left cubby: all of the goods unbagged; with the coins bagged and layed on top

left side cubby: all of the plantations unbagged. the trick is to line them up into two rows and place the few extra ontop of the rows

top right cubby: all of the colonists unbagged; with the noble colonists in small zip bag layed on top

right side cubby: all of the role cards and trading house. all also added the old role cards because i like them better

middle cubby: all of the ships unbagged and then the victory point tiles in s a small zip bag layed on top

lower cubby: all of the normal buildings unbagged; with the each of the expansion buildings in seperate zip bags layed on top.

next its just a matter of placing the rules on top to protect boards and then each of the boards which stack up flush to the top of the lower box half or albiet a little past. Laying the box flat you should see no real difference. I have mine on end between other games on book shelf and it still works fine.

hope this helps. Happy New Years

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to your statement that everything basically fits into the insert, I decided to try it myself. My arrangement is slightly different, but like you said--there's only a slight raising of the boards+instructions past the box lip.

If only the Alea logo section of the insert wasn't so large, the tray would be a perfect fit for the anniversary components. Either way, the game presentation looks much better, and setup won't largely consist of opening baggies and pouring out pieces. (Agricola was such a pain to setup every time before I got a plastic organization container from Wal-Mart. Since then, I've been looking for ways to get games ready to go in a flash, since I'm already on thin ice trying to convince not-very-gamer-people to play already-long games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Smith
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm curious as to how yours is configured. Care to elaborate? Thanks for the reply and i'm glad i was of some help. I had read alot of posts saying it wasn't going to fit prior to recieving the aniversary addition so i was a little disappointed. However when I was unboxing it I was like it just might be possible and was glad i did try.As you said, it beats a half empty box of packed zip lock bags. And i wanted to make sure others new so that they didn't sell their old copies without pilfering it first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Carlough
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
High adventure in the world of high finance...
mbmbmbmbmb
If you take the fake wood insert out of the limited edition box you can fit everything in the old insert without any of it going over the lip of the box and raising the lid. I just threw the wood insert into the old PR box. It's not like you can actually see the thing under the plastic insert anyways.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.