Old Soldier

Illinois
msg tools
The rules state that after use, Gas Grenades, Zgwortz, rocket fuel, and acid are put back to their points of origin. If a crew person is killed while holding one such weapon, then what happens to it? My interpretation of the rule is that since the weapon was not "used" then it is dropped on the floor. Does anyone play where the weapon would be returned to its point of origin?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Owen
United States
Norwich
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sfiete wrote:
The rules state that after use, Gas Grenades, Zgwortz, rocket fuel, and acid are put back to their points of origin. If a crew person is killed while holding one such weapon, then what happens to it? My interpretation of the rule is that since the weapon was not "used" then it is dropped on the floor. Does anyone play where the weapon would be returned to its point of origin?

Dropping is not using them. They are only used if they cause a chit pull or dice to be rolled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Taylor
United States
under surveillance
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
My interpretation of the rule is that since the weapon was not "used" then it is dropped on the floor.

This is my interpretation as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
page 7 of my rulebook reads.

Any weapon dropped or thrown by a crewman, or left behind when he dies, remains on the board. It may be picked up during the grab phase.

The return to origin rule comes into play when the expendable weapon is actually used. Otherwise its dropped like any other weapon when the crew dies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Fort Polk
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for finding that, John.

Though we have been playing it correctly, I was always suspicious as to why the Knife description did not detail what to do with it after throwing it into an adjacent area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.