Subject: Solo Play :) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Rivas
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While not recommended by the makers of the game (at least I don't think so).I couldn't resist playing with my gift on my own Christmas afternoon, sadly Camelot ate me like a late lunch.
After truly learning the rules and playing a few co=op games I went back to Solo.
ninja

Here are my suggestions for Solo play, and I'd like to hear any from ya'll out there.

The Lone Knight:
Optional: Start at 4-6 Life
Start with only one relic Quest (Excalibur) and play as normal.
If you win or loose Excalibur add Lancelot.
If you win or loose Lancelot add Grail.
If you draw a card for a quest not in play, put it on the bottom of the deck until you have 3 white swords then add a siege engine instead.
Or if you want to turn up the intensity immediately just add siege engines.

I found that this variant kinda gave the feel of playing through the old Excalibur movie (if you haven't seen it you should).

Command and Conquer:
Start at 4 Life
Arthur plus any one Knight.
Play as normal with all quests in play.
Playable with the Merlin expansion.
Do not mix hands! Keep them separate (the hardest thing about this form of play).
Arthur may not travel but instead remains in Camelot commanding his Loyal Knight, fighting siege engines and assisting him with cards.

I played this last knight and won. It was hard, but I made it and I found it to be a lot of fun.
I played with Bedivere and Merlin. It made the game very interesting, and getting Captured was terrible but manageable.

So there you have it- Two ideas for Solo play

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Mackenzie
Denmark
Billund
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Both interesting ideas, thanks! I like the idea of playing one quest until won or lost and then adding another in. I've tried by playing more than one knight but found it difficult to keep on top of!

Will try the first idea and get back to you with how it went!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.