German Railways» Forums » Rules

Subject: A couple questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Finland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Build track price for Berlin Approach zone? I assume it's plains and the price is 2. Am I correct?

2. The Großherzoglich Badischen Staatseisenbahnen special ability
Quote:

The Großherzoglich Badischen Staatseisenbahnen was
patronized and lavishly sponsored by its Duchy. When
building track, placing the first locomotive (of its
allowance of 3) in a plains, hills, mountains, or Berlin
Approach zone hexagon is free.
Start City: Mannheim, hills

Is the first locomotive free even if I place it in an urban hexagon?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Eugene
Oregon
msg tools
mb
1. Yes.

2. The rules for the red Badische differ from those in the original Winsome. In the original rules, the red may place one rural track (of its 3 allowed track) per expansion for free.

I'm surprised no one has yet mentioned this change.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Patterson
United States
Ringgold
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
That's how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day.
mbmbmbmbmb
Very interesting. I wonder why it was changed? I also wonder how much impact it'll have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Eugene
Oregon
msg tools
mb
It could be significant, especially if red's first move is to connect to another RR in a city and then move on from there. Under the new rules, every hex would have to be paid for. In the original rules, one of the following rural hexes would be free.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
garygarison wrote:
1. Yes.

2. The rules for the red Badische differ from those in the original Winsome. In the original rules, the red may place one rural track (of its 3 allowed track) per expansion for free.

I'm surprised no one has yet mentioned this change.

If the original rules refer to rural tracks, then I assume the answer is "No" to 2..

I think the rule means that "the first time you build a track on a rural hex, it's considered free". So, for instance if you build 1st, 2nd tracks on urban hexes and 3rd track on a rural hex, the track build on the rural hex is free.

Since you can't chooce which rural track is free, the cost swing compared to the original rules can be max. 2 talers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Eugene
Oregon
msg tools
mb
It could be $4, if the rural hex in question is a mountain. Rural does not mean "plains", it means "non-city".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
garygarison wrote:
It could be $4, if the rural hex in question is a mountain. Rural does not mean "plains", it means "non-city".

I was talking about the difference. I mean that for example if you build plains+ mountain + mountain = free + 4 + 4 = 8 in Queen rules. But since you said that you can choose in the original rules, you can build plains + mountain + mountain = 2 + free + 4 = 6 which is the same as 2 + 4 + free = 6

8-6= 2 (talers)

So the maximum difference is 2 talers between the original and Queen rules, so you can lose maximum of 2 talers compared to the original rules every round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Eugene
Oregon
msg tools
mb
BrenoK wrote:
An e-mail sent by Bohrer today...

This probably deserves its own thread. It's a significant errata. All hexes are "plains, hills, mountains, or Berlin Approach". The way the Queen rules read, building red into a city stacked with other RR's as the first track would be free.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb
United States
Seminole
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
garygarison wrote:
BrenoK wrote:
An e-mail sent by Bohrer today...

This probably deserves its own thread. It's a significant errata. All hexes are "plains, hills, mountains, or Berlin Approach". The way the Queen rules read, building red into a city stacked with other RR's as the first track would be free.

Hate to be this late to the party, but this is the conclusion we came to last night, playing this game for the first time. All hexes, regardless of the presence of a city or not, are either "plains, hills, mountains, or Berlin Approach" so we ruled that the first hex built, regardless if it was a city or not, was free.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.