Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy IRWIN
England
Alnwick
Northumberland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Just printed off the HL2 PDF game. Noticed I only have two of each pilot card (example' Fox has skilled and average cards, wedge has veteran and skilled etc) shouldn't I have all cards, green to ace for all pilots?

New to board game warfare (and PDF downloads - 3hrs in the making so far and still not cut out North Korea)! But loving it......

Thanks in advance for your help,

Andy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Austin
Australia
Townsville
Queensland
flag msg tools
designer
1- 2- 3- 4!- A- A- 5!
badge
110% Rally
mbmbmbmbmb
The extra pilot cards come in the pdf expansions.
This was one of things I disliked about the PnP version, you really needed the first two expansions to enjoy the game to the full - a $45 investment.
The third expansion does the same thing, but I found it didn't really add enough to the game to be worth it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy IRWIN
England
Alnwick
Northumberland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
What are the first two expansions? I'm guessing Carrier ops is one of them. Also.... Does it involve more card cutting?

Almost finished cutting, just need to start glueing card back to backs before the invasion of Iraq begins!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Wright
United Kingdom
Nottingham
England
flag msg tools
Hornet Leader - Carrier Air Operations
badge
Herge's Adventures of Tintin!
mbmbmbmbmb
Irwin666 wrote:
What are the first two expansions? I'm guessing Carrier ops is one of them. Also.... Does it involve more card cutting?

Almost finished cutting, just need to start glueing card back to backs before the invasion of Iraq begins!

The first two expansions are Carrier Air Group and Cold War, which together with the base game give you the full experience. The third expansion Marine Air adds AV8s.

I'm lazy, so I went for the PDF & Vassal option and use the PDFs for reference (not really necessary...) and play using Vassal, which works quite well.

Although I didn't make up the cards for HL2 I did do the ones that expand the original HL game - I just print, cut out, and pop in a card protector with no need to glue.

Happy hunting!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.