Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://news.yahoo.com/florida-marine-veteran-shot-craigslist...
Quote:
A U.S. Marine veteran is recovering from a Craigslist transaction gone bad in which he was shot and then forced to plug the wounds with this fingers, benefiting from a military background that police say possibly saved his life.

No points for chasing after the robbers, which was not necessarily smart, but points awarded for being this tough:
Quote:
Trenker was hit three or four times and shot at four or five times, Broward County Sheriff's Office spokeswoman Dani Moschella said.

"I put my finger in the bullet holes, the big ones, and then I ran back to the car and I made sure the kids were OK and I told them, 'Listen, Dad's been shot. There's an ambulance already on the way,'" Trenker said.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
mb
This guy is 48 years old.

TOUGH, tough man.

Hope he has a full recovery.

Darilian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
-5 points for the marine corp. today.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
mb
MWChapel wrote:

That was a tragedy, but I don't see it as a 'stain' on the USMC.

Quote:
The United States admitted sole liability for the crash, fire, and deaths of those who perished, according to the court decision.

-From the above article.

At least the US government took responsibility for what happened.

Darilian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
Darilian wrote:

-From the above article.

Darilian

What the article didn't cover was the several levels of neglect by the pilot that brought him to not dumping the aircraft in a safe location. I read the entire story in the paper today. It's a pretty nasty stain on the corp, actually.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
mb
MWChapel wrote:
Darilian wrote:

-From the above article.

Darilian

What the article didn't cover was the several levels of neglect by the pilot that brought him to not dumping the aircraft in a safe location. I read the entire story in the paper today. It's a pretty nasty stain on the corp, actually.

Oh, akin to that reckless pilot in Italy who clipped the wires of a tram going up the Alps?

Yeah, jet jocks can be utter jerks at times.

Darilian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:

Most of the mistakes were made by other than the student pilot, and the pilot wasn't faulted in the official report (though he was probably given some remedial instruction):

http://www.10news.com/news/18838912/detail.html

And, if you notice the balconies on the homes to the upper left, he almost got the jet to a safe area, with no engines working (due to faulty maintenance):

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pronoblem baalberith
United States
Pleasantville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Is it just me or do my balls itch?
mbmbmbmbmb
I was Army... I generally find Marines as overrated 11B, but here is something interesting: Dear Obama.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
pronoblem wrote:
I was Army... I generally find Marines as overrated 11B, but here is something interesting: Dear Obama.

Thumbed and tipped for the link. I can't comment on the rest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Games? People still play games??
badge
Specious arguments are not proof of trollish intent.
mbmbmbmbmb
I was Italian War Hero. I find the Army with binoculars. None of these jokes are working. You can't handle the truth!!

But seriously, good job marine, for plugging your bullet holes and saving your own life. I think we're all proud of you for not being the dope that flew into some guy's house. In other news, those retired four-star generals get a +500 for the corps. Note that you have to put the "s" on, or you're not doing it right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.