Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aswin Agastya
Indonesia
Bekasi
Jawa Barat
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played Talisman for the last time this year with my two gaming buddies: my big brother (Mamat) and my little brother (Dio) . They're going off somewhere for new year eve, so last night we arranged to have a Talisman session. Only using Talisman base game.

The first session:

Mamat - Elf
Dio - Warrior
Me - Thief

The usual early-mid game. Thief hoards a lot of things, selling them on the city. Someone got the hag, poltergeist, the usual stuff. A lot of annoying thieving.

The Warrior tried to go to the Middle Region, but thrown back to the City!

Then the Elf went for the Crown with Gnome's help. The Warrior and Thief got to the inner region. Elf blasted them with Command Spell, but it was not enough. Very intense with all three players in the inner region.

The Thief reached the Crown, and beat the Elf in combat to a bloody pulp, with 1 life remaining (despite of having an armor!). Just after the Warrior reaches the space exactly before the Crown, the Command Spell burned him crisp.

We decided that the night was still young, and went for a second session!

Originally:

Mamat - Priest
Dio - Warrior
Me - Sorceress

But because Dio played Warrior last time, we switched characters. Character interaction was more heavy. Warrior bullied Priest and Sorceress. The Priest was finally killed by a Giant, and Mamat drew Prophetess as a second character. The Sorceress stole the Warrior's follower, but then she drew HAG!!!

Warrior was down to one life for quite a long time, and we suspected one more death. But it doesn't happen as the Warrior gets healed at Shrine (or Witch? don't remember). He even landed on draw 3 space, getting Healer, Market and one other unimportant thing. Warrior then sets revenge on the Sorceress, getting a Runesword and Belt of Strength in two consecutive turns!

Meanwhile the Warrior tried to enter the inner region but thrown back to the portal of power. Sorceress drew Raft, enter the middle region, and the race to the crown of command begins, with the Warrior slightly in the lead. The Prophetess tried hard to get in the middle region.

Slowly the Sorceress and Warrior closed on the Crown. But the Sorceress lose lives at the Vampire's castle, bringing her two 2 lives. Warrior still has staggering 7 lives. The Prophetess manage to enter inner region using strength, beating the bridge colossus to bloody pulp.

Then the Prophetess used spell to stop Warrior in his track in TWO consecutive turns. She thrown back to the Plain of Peril once, but managed to get to Dice with Death.

Due to the speed bump, the Warrior meet the Sorceress in the Fire thingy before the crown, and he was beaten in psychic combat.

Finally they both meet on the Crown, and the Warrior easily dispatched the Sorceress, wielding a rune sword and an axe. The command spell ended the Prophetess' adventure.

That's it!

Two games, each ran 2 hours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Viktor Karlsson Mantel
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good report

But I dont understand how u manage to play the game in 2 hours, two times in in a row!?

A Talisman take for my game groupe atleast 4 hours, when someone have the smallest amount of luck he get a poltergeist, become a toad and so on.

I like the theme in the game but the heavy "die luck" is to big for me.

Liked your report thought
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tolchock wrote:
But I dont understand how u manage to play the game in 2 hours, two times in in a row!?

Actually, 2 hours for a 3-player Talisman game sounds too long for me. 75 minutes is about our average, some games stretch to 90 minutes, but 2 hours is almost unheard of these days (Dungeon expansion helps speed up stat gains).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aswin Agastya
Indonesia
Bekasi
Jawa Barat
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

There are two main reasons for the 2 in a row Talisman
1. As I said the night is still young
2. We've played all characters but two, so we decided to play one last game!

Quote:
Actually, 2 hours for a 3-player Talisman game sounds too long for me. 75 minutes is about our average, some games stretch to 90 minutes, but 2 hours is almost unheard of these days (Dungeon expansion helps speed up stat gains).

It's our fourth and fifth game. The other 2 players are not so good in English. Dio's okay but on more complex cards he stumbles. Mamat can only understand little English (oddly he can have conversation with english speaker pretty well!).

Also... we like to BEAT EACH OTHER!!! arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sevej wrote:
Also... we like to BEAT EACH OTHER!!! arrrh

What, is there another way to play Talisman, one that doesn't involve PvP surprise ?

My rulebook has the rules for PvP right in the basic rules, not as some optional or additional rule. Games that have more encounters between characters than fights with Enemies are not uncommon around here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.