6 Posts

Survive: Escape from Atlantis!» Forums » Rules

Subject: Move a boat through a boat rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Rudolph
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I am moving one of the boats I control, can I move through a space containing another boat? I realize I can't stop on the space where the other boat is, but can I go through and continue to move to a vacant space?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wiedewiet
Netherlands
Tilburg
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
Training field technicians at trade school level
badge
“The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it."
mbmbmbmbmb
Putzmanrudy1 wrote:
If I am moving one of the boats I control, can I move through a space containing another boat? I realize I can't stop on the space where the other boat is, but can I go through and continue to move to a vacant space?

You can't stop on the same space? Guess we've been playing it wrong then!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
VAST: The Mysterious Manor
badge
DV: Anakin Skywalker was weak. I destroyed him.                 AT: Then I will avenge his death.             DV: Revenge is not the Jedi way.         AT: I am no Jedi.
mbmbmbmbmb
Boats cannot move through other boats or occupy the same space.

You can, however, have one of your people step directly from one boat to a boat in an adjacent space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Buonocore
United States
BOYNTON BEACH
FL
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Woelf wrote:
Boats cannot move through other boats or occupy the same space.

You can, however, have one of your people step directly from one boat to a boat in an adjacent space.

Correct. This is, as I like to call it, "The Boat Hopping Rule". It is mainly for the prevention of "blockading" an island, but it can be used in other (quite cool/sneaky) ways to move a People token through the water quickly...

Thanks,
Stephen Buonocore
Stronghold Games LLC
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach Martin
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I don't think that would work. Once the meeple leaves the boat it is in the water in one area (and this would require one action). It would then need to swim to another spot which would require all 3 of its actions, but it couldn't do this immediately b/c of the action used to leave the boat. Then, on its next turn, it could get into the boat. So, realistically, (without using a special swimmer card or dolphin), it would require at least 3 turns to move a meeple from one boat to another.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Johnson
msg tools
mb
Or you could, you know, just move a meeple from one boat to the adjacent boat in one turn like it says in the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.