Popular Tags: [View All]
Edward Hoden
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Though this game's forum is very quiet, I thought I would post some things on here related to the topics mentioned in the single rules question post. Perhaps this may help someone.

"During the game you lose a fief and at a later point in the game you reconquer this same fief. The rules are very clear about any troop bonus you might gain. Do you get the gold value of this fief another time?"

The answer to this is yes. This is clarified on the November 1977 Errata sheet: "The gold factors on the fief card and the bonus troops awarded for gaining fiefs and increasing in rank may be awarded each time a fief is captured."

So each time you capture a fief, regardless of how many times you owned it before, you get the gold. Of course that could lead to some gamesmanship where someone abandons and reconquers a fief intentionally but that is how the game is intended to be played.

But note that getting the troops and rank is a little more complicated as it is dependent on what your kingdom's high water mark is. "Should you lose a fief or fiefs, you must regain those and more to gain further rank - not necessarily the same fiefs, just the same number of fiefs."

Hope this helps. I have a copy of the rules where I combined the original rules set with the Errata Sheet, which also includes a Terrain Effects Chart and a corrected Additional Troop Chart, into a cohesive whole. While it may not address all the rules issues, it does go a long way to clearing many things. I am seeing about uploading this version so that others can check it out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.