Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Carts are terrible. Also, the design intent of the cards was to have a path that only Britain could move on, I believe. Otherwise the French would have a way to get one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Seitz
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be recovered, so we must die. But God does not take away life; instead, he devises ways so that a banished person may not remain estranged from him. 2 Sam 14:14
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to admit, I laughed out loud...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Who?
Canada
flag msg tools
We've played a bunch of games of AFAoS and it always goes through Louisberg->quebec, we tried this variant last evening and the wagon gave the french some more options,but found the french still short of money to affectivly challenge, though.

The game is fun but why would the french ever expand west of Montreal. The location cards stall the french tactics, seige of permaquid their only option, boring.

We will be trying the wagon option again with pelts tradable for 1 gold each as an action, to counter the domination by merchant for the british

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Seitz
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be recovered, so we must die. But God does not take away life; instead, he devises ways so that a banished person may not remain estranged from him. 2 Sam 14:14
mbmbmbmbmb
discocanuck wrote:
The game is fun but why would the french ever expand west of Montreal.
Extra locations to develop. You want to win, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Who?
Canada
flag msg tools
Thanks for your comments. Yes, the issue is that games with one or two winning strategies tend to stay on the shelf at our place. My gaming group has never been scared of innovation, its part the fun of owning a game... the original rules will always be there. Playing online yucata.de has shown that this game lacks variety in strategy... bigtime!

I so look forward to M. Wallaces future senerios for AFAoS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Smith
United Kingdom
Wigton
Cumbria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dan you are a Canuck - you do know that Wolfe sailed directly to attack Quebec from Louisbourg don't you? Its the connection to Trois Rivieres that should not be on the Louisbourg card in my opinion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Who?
Canada
flag msg tools
I'm not trying to rewrite history, just trying to open the game up abit. As english I feel almost guilty playing for halifax>luoisburg>cha ching!!! Looking forward to trying Wallace's new mods.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls