United States
Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I have posted the files to play Jidoka on the game's BGG page.

If some of you could give it a try, I would appreciate it. I am especially curious to see if someone finds an "unbeatable" series of moves. Since I made the rules change many years ago that prevents the first play from having a switch, I have not found such a strategy.

Anyway, it'll take maybe two minutes to read the rules and maybe 10 to print and make a board and the 24 pieces. A game can take a few minutes to a half hour.

If folks would post to this thread or on the Jidoka BGG page, that would be great. Play experience, rules reading difficulties, time to play, and stuff like that are all very welcome.

Thanks,
Steve

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom franklin
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For those like me who are unfamiliar with the game:

Jidoka is a two-player, abstract strategy game played on a 10x12 chess/checkerboard. Each player has seven pieces, numbered 1 through 7, with the number indicating how many spaces each piece can move. The interesting twist is that each player's move consists of two phases: (1) moving a piece and (2) an optional switching of pieces on the board.

Link to the Jidoka BBG page is: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/73452/jidoka

================================

Steve,

This looks interesting. I'll be making a copy and test-playing it in the coming week!

-- Tom

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carroll
United States
Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the interest and for posting the link, Tom.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo Schulman
Brazil
Belo Horizonte
Minas Gerais
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll give it a try... sounds interesting

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.