Popular Tags: [View All]
Walter Kolinski
United States
Chicago
IL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
just bought rise of the valkyrie, and two lots off ebay, have all kinds of terrain and monsters, got a ton of dice, red blue, and white...i have the first edition rules, and downloaded the 2nd edition rules, now my question is what dice are better to use, the red/blue ones, or the white ones?

also it came with a ton of glyphs, did some expansions come with glyphs and the rules for them are in the expansion rules, how would i find those rules?

any help to a new heroscaper would be great, i cant wait to play with my 8 yr old son.......thanks wally
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liz Burton
United States
Bethesda
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not really a question of "better" with the dice: You can use either red (for attack) and blue (for defense), or you can use white (for both). Just a matter a personal preference.

The rules for the glyphs should be there in the Master Set rules.

Also, if you haven't heard about Heroscapers.com, check them out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"GAME OVER, MAN. GAME OVER!"
Denmark
Aarhus
Unwashed and somewhat slightly dazed...
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Liz is right, the white dice are all-in-one, while the original dice are separated into red attack dice and blue defense dice. Either type can be used, but overall, I find the all-in-one type to be more convenient to use.
The explanations of what the master set glyphs do are in their respective rulebooks, so you might want to check out those other links I posted, but a lot of small figure expansions also had glyphs, with rules included on cards, so check your stacks of unit cards for those... If they´re not there, here´s another link:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/gallery/browseimages.ph...=

There´s a lot of pages to skim through, but there´s scans of all official Heroscape cards, so you should be able to find everything you need... Very usefull if some cards turn out to be missing for your figures as well!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Newman
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The dice are your decision I use the white because they take up less space. The glyph you should look up on Heroscapers.com.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Pedersen
Denmark
Copenhagen N.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to Heroscape.

Here is a link to a PDF file containing all official unit cards, plus Glyphs:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/downloads.php?do=file&i...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabio Binder
Brazil
Curitiba
PR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, if you want to keep track of all your heroscape stuff, take a look at this incredible spreadsheet: http://www.heroscapers.com/community/downloads.php?do=file&i...

Have Fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nerman
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have any glyphs that aren't described in your rules books, you could probably just list the names here. I'm sure some kind soul would tell you what they mean, or direct you to the right web page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walter Kolinski
United States
Chicago
IL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i appreciate all the input, thanks alot
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D S
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
An answer to a question you didn't ask:

I encourage new Heroscape players to go check out the local tournament scene. It's not Magic or chess, the 'Scape scene is very relaxed and newb (and family) friendly. I *wish* I hadn't waited as long as I did to start going to tournaments, but I've been bringing my kid for a few years now and we both always have fun. Don't be shy.

All the info you need will be at Heroscapers.com, as others have said.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Redden
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Nut'n honey
badge
"One of the key problems today is that politics is such a disgrace, good people don't go into government." - Donald Trump
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought I liked the original blue/red dice to better distinguish attack and defense, and I had some really nice ones made. I found that in play, it really is much easier to always roll from the same batch of white dice without having to think about which dice to roll depending on whether you are attacking or defending. I would recommend trying both out for size, but I'm pretty sure that in the end you'll probably go with the white dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Flynn
United States
Lakeville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
Red/Blue are better, all the cool heroscapers use those, the UltraCool have the Flagbearer dice. Have you heard about sparkly water tiles yet? Welcome to the scape, it will be much fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.