Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua Speelman
United States
Wolverine Lake
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this map compatible with the old Rise and Decline of the Third Reich game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Goldman
msg tools
mbmbmb
the rules are different, there are no russia scenario lines (perhaps there should be) ... and the BRP numbers are different. So it would be a different game, but likely compatible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Kransdorf
United States
South Orange
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mb
It's mostly compatible. The big diff is the sea zones--and the afore-mentioned absence of 1942 and 44 start lines. Also, the front boundaries are gone from this map--I suppose you could draw them in if you've got the old map to transpose from.

If you're sticking with the old rules, just ignore the sea zones and treat shipyards as ports.

I was totally turned off by the new rules and resolved to play the old game with just the new mapboard and counters (the order of battle for the 1st edition is nearly identical to the 3rd Ed of Rise and Decline). But I've gradually gotten sucked in to the new rules. I'm in the process of creating a version of the rules for for me that highlights the changes from Rise & Decline. If I finish it (and you're interested) I'll post em here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.