Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Hentschel
United States
Henrietta
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know it seems this has been beaten into the ground already, but I think I have read all the threads on this subject, and I haven't seen an answer to this question:

The colonize deck is depleted. I have no colonize cards in my hand. I have a planet with enough colonies under it to be able to settle. Can I select the colonize role and settle the planet even though I have no cards in my play area?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Head Zach
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
danBhentschel wrote:
I know it seems this has been beaten into the ground already, but I think I have read all the threads on this subject, and I haven't seen an answer to this question:

The colonize deck is depleted. I have no colonize cards in my hand. I have a planet with enough colonies under it to be able to settle. Can I select the colonize role and settle the planet even though I have no cards in my play area?

Yes. The bonus for the Leader is he may Settle an eligible planet instead of tucking Colonize cards. This can be performed even if there are no Colonize cards left on the stack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bhz1 wrote:
danBhentschel wrote:

Yes. The bonus for the Leader is he may Settle an eligible planet instead of tucking Colonize cards. This can be performed even if there are no Colonize cards left on the stack.

This answer is correct. The ability to Settle a planet is granted by merit of choosing the role and opting for the leader bonus - it never requires a card in hand (Choosing the role gets you a card when the stack is not empty, but that is irrelevant when choosing the Leader bonus option).

This is why the cards are printed on the board, to make it clear that the game text applies when the stack is empty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J T
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bhz1 wrote:

Exactly how I would read the rules too. It took us a few games to really understand everything - the rule book could have used some play examples imo. Fun game though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.