Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mr. Money
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I saw the Essen video and thought "what if I sprayed the board with a wax to make it slicker".

I did it with my cheapie-weef crokinole board and it worked out fine.

Any comments on this from those who played or saw the game in person?

cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ender Wiggins
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I doubt it. In fact, I really don't think you'd want to make it slicker. Caveman Curling is not just about flicking your opponent's pieces off the board and into kingdom come like Crokinole sometimes can be - although sometimes you'll attempt to do that in Caveman Curling too. Instead much of the skill lies in carefully judging the distance of your shot, and the board is made from a special material (Tyvek?) with just the right amount of traction for this purpose. I think that having it any smoother than it is would only prove frustrating. Unrolling the board after storage might also prove troublesome if it's been waxed.

See my review for a more detailed assessment of the advantages of the material used in the newest edition of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Lemay
Canada
Montréal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
We discussed "slickery" in the publishing process and we all agreed on the fact that it would be better to NOT make it too much "slick".

This is a simple family - party game. It must be fun on your first game. Gaging your strength must not be too hard, so you can make some good shots after little practice. If the material is too slick, you'll often shoot end up before the mammoth line or out of the board. This is fun once or twice, but not for a whole game.

Comet
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Money
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your answers here. I'll look into getting this game for the kids.

cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.