Popular Tags: [View All]
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you take control of a hex after a victorious combat if you have no available influence discs? I would guess no, but another player (who wanted to do it), thought he should be able to take a disc from the spent actions area.

This is not in the faq, so forgive me if this was asked and answered elsewhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petri Savola
Finland
Espoo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
curtc wrote:
Can you take control of a hex after a victorious combat if you have no available influence discs? I would guess no, but another player (who wanted to do it), thought he should be able to take a disc from the spent actions area.

This is not in the faq, so forgive me if this was asked and answered elsewhere.

You are right, the answer is no.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Hohkala
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
A continuation question to the subject.

If two players attack each other, both in the position that no more disc could spent (either due to lack of discs or funds).

both attacks are succefull and the sector are wiped. Now both players have one influence disc more. Can they spend that disc to influence the newly conquered sector?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antti Autio
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
badge
Gina, Escher gang leader (Necromunda). Don't mess with her or she'll kick your ass.. actually, she's gonna do it anyway!
mbmbmbmbmb
twibs wrote:

If two players attack each other, both in the position that no more disc could spent (either due to lack of discs or funds).

both attacks are succefull and the sector are wiped. Now both players have one influence disc more. Can they spend that disc to influence the newly conquered sector?

Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stu ma
Germany
HD
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
aautio wrote:
twibs wrote:

Yes.
Well, not if the systems are wiped out completely, which means, that neiter player has ships or population markers left. Then you couldn't place an influence disc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Diachuk
msg tools
mbmbmb
That would not be possible unless both players chose to retreat and the hex was empty to begin with, as otherwise there would be at least one player's units or population or the other's. I think they just meant that each player won against his opponent in one hex and lost to the other, so both would lose an influence disc and then gain one.

In this case, I presume all discs are returned simultaneously, and then, starting with the hex with the lowest number, each player with a ship in a hex that has no influence disc in it may place an influence disc in that hex (this is done in order in case someone's decision would depend on another players' decision).

Since you would receive your influence disc back after having lost combat, you now have a disc that you can use to claim the other territory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Sparrrrow
msg tools
mb
In this example both players has at least ships on the board cause they just conquered new sectors. It's also hard to have only one sector and don't have any discs to influence new one at the same time... In presented case players always can do what was described.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.