Sid Meier's Civilization: The Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Tech victory rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dejan Vlahović
Croatia
Varaždin
flag msg tools
Since i played Civ more then 50 times til now, i must say that when i wanna enjoy the game the most (when upgraded military forces come in to play ) then the game is over coz some1 always learn final tech.

Hmm., i was thinking to extend game lenght (i wana fight with my stronger units) but then we cant learn tech tree anymore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juandi
Spain
Murcia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a matter of strategy, my friend! I like strong units too, but that technogamers are also too fast for me. Maybe at the beginning at the beginning of the game you can agree with the others players to win with a military victory, whatever the tech tree is completed or not, but you have lots of options to choose, and a longer game could be useful too, as you say. Just try!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Donoso
Brazil
RIBEIRÃO PRETO
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Guys, Tech victory was always way behind economy and military.

If you guys are having too much tech victories, it is probably because you are still getting the grip of the game. Usually the game ends in turn 10-12, and tech victory takes usually 13-14 turns, unless you are gaining techs with Russia's special skill or by destroying cities.

So, although it is cool to develop nice a upgraded military, by the time you do so, your enemies will have used printing press, democracy, pottery, code of laws and some other techs.

This happens a lot with airplanes, if you develop flight, you you probably have only a couple of turns to use your planes, because the game is already very near the end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juandi
Spain
Murcia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Ricado

I've played about 8 times and I still discovering sinergies among technologies, but i'm playing with newbies like me and we are, more than less, in the same situation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.