Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mauricio de Souza Fonseca
Brazil
flag msg tools
Hello!

I have the following doubt:

At page 17 (bottom) of the rules, there is the following statement:

"Flight Attitude clarification: For all game purposes A/C are in the flight attitude they transition to, or remain in, at the start of a turn. All rules applicable to that attitude go into effect upon declaring a transition and before A/C moves".

So, can I assume that, if I make a transition at the start of the turn, the Mandatory Altitude Change (page 16) will apply over the new flight attitude (after the transition is done)?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Boeser
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmb
Mandatory altitude change is based on the starting flight attitude the aircraft has before any attitude change goes into effect. Transitioning aircraft are governed by the FATT for HFP/VFP expenditures. Optional altitude change is based on the final attitude of the aircraft. So an aircraft transitioning from steep dive to level would use the mandatory altitude change for steep diving, the HFP/VFP split of a FATT code for a 2 step pull from STD to LVL and the optional altitude adjustment for level flight.

The aircraft would be considered in level flight for the duration of its move for all combat purposes.

I agree that the line on page 17 is confusing.

Greg Boeser
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mauricio de Souza Fonseca
Brazil
flag msg tools
Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.