Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff White
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got the base game and East Front and thinking about one of the printed Overlord maps (like Sword of Stalingrad), so along with chips to use as extrac ounters (a la Risk), I'm not sure I need a second set of anything. However, the rules say you need two Command decks. Can't I just have both sides share the one and re-shuffle it as we burn through it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Wagner Hansen
Denmark
Sorø
flag msg tools
designer
Any time, any place!
badge
Fingers off, that's my car!
mbmbmbmbmb
That's waht I would do if I didn't have access to an axtra deck of cards.

Go ahead and try it, and come back and tell us if it works.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Jack Hooligan wrote:
I've got the base game and East Front and thinking about one of the printed Overlord maps (like Sword of Stalingrad), so along with chips to use as extrac ounters (a la Risk), I'm not sure I need a second set of anything. However, the rules say you need two Command decks. Can't I just have both sides share the one and re-shuffle it as we burn through it?

You can.

Note though that if you had 2 decks, they still share the same deck, it is just double now. This adds some additional uncertainty since one player can hold 2 Ambushes instead of one.

Also, with each side holding anywhere from 10-15 cards (there abouts depending on the scenario), you have anywhere from 1/3 to 1/2 of your deck tied up in people's hands. That is the main reason to add the additional deck just so you have enough fresh cards and not recycling the same played cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Garcia
Venezuela
Caracas
Miranda
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Get http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgameexpansion/37911/memoir-44-...
You will have 2 decks tuned for Overlord, and counters to complete the troops.
Also get the winter and desert board.

With these you can play any overlord game. You do not need a second Memoir44.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.