Simon Wiese
Germany
35043 Marburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really don't see why someone would not go for the Cloak of feathers and why there is a Talisman in the treasure chamber when you do not need it if you can have it the easier way (instant teleport to CoC from Plain oof Peril)? Only case someone would not choose the Cloak is the case where someone else already got it, imo.
It's just by far the most powerful item in the treasure chamber...
Or did I get something wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Never played with the you choose your Treasure as RAW, always, always, always have gone with random draw. Choosing has no place in Talisman laugh .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pawel Gutowski
Poland
Gdańsk
flag msg tools
mbmb
I agree that cloak is the best item available, but other also have some uses.

There are a few cards in sacred pool that benefit a character if it has talisman. Not a big deal, but still something to consider.

And the new alternative ending, dragon king from new expansion can be quite deadly if you do not have a talisman and teleport into it using cloak or arnkel. Still not a big deal, but in some cases you may consider it.

As far as other treasures go: I find a book of spells to be quite handy. Imagine a situation when someone else controls the game. You can't really use cloak because such person will kill you easily or steal the cloak when you try to go to inner region. Having 1 spell per turn may be a better idea if you want to catch up.

Item that gives you ability to turn trophies into life is very handy if regular ending is played and when you can't really defeat character who sits on crown of command

Wand that throws fireballs is also very handy if you are a mage and want to make sure you kill any fighter who wants to fight with you.

Other items also have some uses, but they may need more obscure situations. With the exception of elixir of life, this one is pure crap.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah Wood
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This happened to us last month.
Hidden Dragon King Ending card.
He beat LoD by 8+ so he took the Book of spells thingy.
Died to Dragon King with no Talisman.
Also matters for Battle Royale.

Elixir of Life can help when you're in a losing situation and in need of progress to the CoC.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Mitchell
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dam the Man wrote:
Never played with the you choose your Treasure as RAW, always, always, always have gone with random draw. Choosing has no place in Talisman laugh .

What he said. Dam might not have the taste to appreciate the benefits of using Kingsportwhistle, but he's dead right here. The rules always should have instructed you to randomly draw a Treasure card instead of choosing one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.