Recommend
5 
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Friday» Forums » Rules

Subject: Am I scoring this correctly? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Simon Trimby
England
Brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played six games of Friday now, all at level 1. I won two, and got similar scores (54 & 58). My losing scores make less sense though. I got 10 points when I was defeated at the pirate stage, 14 when I lost during the red step, but also 14 when losing at yellow. The points don't seem to reflect how close I got to winning.

The rules say to count the undefeated hazards in the discard pile at -3 each. So it's not a case of how many undefeated hazards there are overall, just how many are in the discard pile rather than the draw pile? It seems this will alter the scoring just based on how far through that deck you are when the game ends.
And when it says 'take your fighting cards together with your Robinson discard pile' to add up, does that mean all Robinson cards, or just those in your hand and discard but not the undrawn ones?

Simon
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Friedemann Friese
Germany
Bremen
Bremen
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
yorkist4 wrote:
I've played six games of Friday now, all at level 1. I won two, and got similar scores (54 & 58). My losing scores make less sense though. I got 10 points when I was defeated at the pirate stage, 14 when I lost during the red step, but also 14 when losing at yellow. The points don't seem to reflect how close I got to winning.

The rules say to count the undefeated hazards in the discard pile at -3 each. So it's not a case of how many undefeated hazards there are overall, just how many are in the discard pile rather than the draw pile? It seems this will alter the scoring just based on how far through that deck you are when the game ends.
And when it says 'take your fighting cards together with your Robinson discard pile' to add up, does that mean all Robinson cards, or just those in your hand and discard but not the undrawn ones?

Simon



You should count all leftover hazard cards, then you will have a negative score if you loose and a better score if loosing later.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Trimby
England
Brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
friedemann wrote:
You should count all leftover hazard cards, then you will have a negative score if you loose and a better score if loosing later.


Danke Friedemann. Ich glaube, die englische Spielregel sind nicht klar diesbezüglich.

Simon
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lang Bedang
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
FortyRock
badge
Beware of Rocks
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
yorkist4 wrote:
Ich glaube, die englische Spielregel sind nicht klar diesbezüglich.


Something I remember from when I was studying German:

Englisch ist selten klar
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Trimby
England
Brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
lajaro wrote:


Something I remember from when I was studying German:

Englisch ist selten klar


That's what my German wife tells me, when I'm complaining to her about datives, genitives, and three genders of noun. whistle
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.