7 Posts

A Game of Thrones: The Board Game (Second Edition)» Forums » General

Subject: How do you organize the game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andon Stoychev
Bulgaria
flag msg tools
Today I got the Bulgarian version of A Game of Thrones 2nd edition and I noticed there wasnt any plastic insert to organize the content of the box.Any suggestions on how to organize it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julio

Hidalgo
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I always use ziplock bags and plano boxes in any of my FFG's games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David K.
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
andon122 wrote:
Today I got the Bulgarian version of A Game of Thrones 2nd edition and I noticed there wasnt any plastic insert to organize the content of the box.Any suggestions on how to organize it?

There is no plastic insert in any copies. FFG it seems has opted for this new cardboard insert/separator.

I put all player pieces in six separate bags, one for each house and the power token pool in another bag. The cards are sleeved with Dragon Shields. And I use the sleeve boxes to store the cards. Three bags and one deck box goes under one side of the insert, and the other three and other deck box goes on the other side. Power tokens, track tokens, and player screens go in the middle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Holttum
United Kingdom
Southend on Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadowen wrote:
.....and the power token pool in another bag...

I used to as well - but then I thought "why?" Players only use their own power tokens, and if you have them in one big heap someone is always having to lean over. So I keep power tokens in the respective house bag.

Simples!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David K.
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm, perhaps I'll rethink how I handle the power tokens. Either put them all in the player bags and let players separate 5 out for starting the game, or leave 5 in the player bag and bag the remaining power tokens for each house in a smaller bag (and put it in the player bag).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luiz Paulo Salgado Jr
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
Rio de Janeiro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I divided all units per hourse in a big ziplock bags (6), inside a smaller zip bag the house cards, in another zip bag the house tokens (order, power, supply, castle and garrison); the cards and token bags go inside the unit bags, this way all house contents are sorted in 6 different bags.

The Wildlings and westeros cards go inside a zip bag as well with the turn token and wildlings marker, the tides of battle cards in a small ziplock (didnt used them yet). The neutral tokens go inside another bag.

Inside the box, the screens, neutral tokens, the cards, Iron Throne, Raven and Sword with the Lanisters and Starks go in the center of the insert. Martell and Tyrell under the insert in one side, Greyjoy and Baratheon on the other. The board goes over the inset, and the rulebook and player aids over the board.

I always keep the tokens frame under the insert to raise the insert high enought to keep the rigth space for the board and the rulebook.

LePe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.