Popular Tags: [View All]
Simon Trimby
England
Brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Where the rules say to place a value 1 field crop, I take it they mean a herb card, not a field card?

The rules seem to suggest this is done every turn, or is it just at the start? As herb/field cards are part of your three-card allowance, this free card will rapidly become worthless won't it?

It also occurs to me that in a six player game there won't be any spare herb cards to place out anyway.

As usual, am I missing something?

thanks

Simon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pastuzyn
United States
Midland
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Herb cards are used as starters for the players in the game -- dealt randomly to determine initial turn order for the first auction. If there are fewer than 6 players in the game, the unused herb cards are returned to the box and not put up for auction.

At the end of an auction a green wheat stalk is placed on the lowest numbered technology card in the auction. It remains there until the next auction. If, during that auction, someone buys the technology card, they get to keep the extra food as a bonus. If no one buys the lowest numbered card with the food on it, that card is removed from the first row of the auction (returned to the box) and you follow the normal replacement rules. If a lower numbered card happens to come up during the auction phase, it is put to the left of the food enhanced tech card and the extra food is removed and returned to the fields. The "bonus" is now lost for this round.

Sounds like you're confusing herb cards with field cards. They are different.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henning Kröpke
Germany
Ascheberg
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know about "as usual", but this time you miss something

Each turn in phase 1 you place a "value 1 field crop" (green wooden token) on the lowest technology card in the market. This is a discount for the lowest card, so you might want to buy it to get the discount.

Best regards,

Henning
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Trimby
England
Brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Deep Silver wrote:

Sounds like you're confusing herb cards with field cards. They are different.

That's exactly what I was doing!

Thankyou Joe & Henning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Deep Silver wrote:
At the end of an auction a green wheat stalk is placed on the lowest numbered technology card in the auction. It remains there until the next auction.

The rules I have say that the crop is placed on the lowest numbered card at the START of the auction phase.

Your way is mostly equivalent I think, except e.g. if the Shuffle card comes out and causes the lowest card to disappear: then in the next auction there would not be a card with a crop even though there's supposed to be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.