Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rex Gator
United States
Apopka
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Are there rules for multi=player games in Road to Carentan?

2. Assuming there are not, I have set out below what I believe the difference would be. Can Jeff, Kevin or someone else confim I have it correct?

a. Each player would have their own group of soldiers and their own action deck along with their own orders card

b. Each player would draw their own play hand at the beginning of the turn.

c. Each player would have their own Action card board to play three Action Cards to match the three Phase Cards.

d. Iniative would be determined per player not per side in the scenario.

e. If soldiers from multiple players were involved in the same Fight, each player would draw their own hand and take turns playing one card in Initiative order.

3. Assuming that I have the multi-player process correct, does anyone have experience playing with three players? If so how did you handle it? I am assuming that 2 of the players handled one "team" a pice for one side and the third player handled two seperate "teams" for the other side (in essence playing as two separate player).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Koch
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are rules for Multi-player.

Each player does have his own orders cards (kept secret from everyone, including friendlies), and draws cards based on the soldiers they control.

Initiative is determined by player and not side.

Basically what you laid out in #2 is correct (except the orders that are kept secret I think) and what is explained in the rules (I don't have a book handy so can't give you a reference).

-Rob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played with 4 players but not three, as you get to know the system and your men , I would say that a maximum or 6 men per player is optimum, so unless a player has some high value men , such as MP42'S or special equipment to keep his unit count down he could be overwhelmed if he is playing 12 men against 2 x 6 men.

My second club game (in a pub) had an average of 7 men per side and it was perhaps too much but it is early days.

Apart from in training games all phase action cards are played faced down and only revealed as each player plays his action,of course, the PHASE story card means you have a 50/50 chance of guessing subsequent actions.

ALSO each player has his own secret order card, which often will have different objectives to his "team mate"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Billings
United States
Upperco
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You have it right.

For 2 player against 1 be sure the player on his own has 2 or more leaders. If you do that mostly any player can win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rex Gator
United States
Apopka
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeff Billings wrote:
You have it right.

For 2 player against 1 be sure the player on his own has 2 or more leaders. If you do that mostly any player can win.

Jeff

Would the single player be running just one large squad with two leaders or two smaller separate squads (with separate hands of cards) with one leader per squad?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Billings
United States
Upperco
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One player one action deck. The coming releases add capabilities for large organizations, such as 2 squads.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Hanzelman
United States
Lancaster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I purchase Day of Days, what expansions would I need in order to play 2v1 or 2v2? Would I just need to purchase two extra leaders in addition to DoD?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Day just has 5 figures per side. 5 is pretty much the good starting point for figs per player.

Buying a squad pack per side will give you plenty of choices, plus give you options like the solo player having a machine gun but the twins not.

Buying another team and leader per side will skate the minimum for 4 players.

Picking up Road to Carentan will give you lots more map space, plus scenarios really aimed at multiplayer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.