Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill
United States
Sayville
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The game claims that it is titled "Champions 2020" because by that year some rule changes were made to make the game more fluid. It also says that the game is meant to simulate football in a way that StreetSoccer was not (i.e. by having 11 players per side, yellow cards, throw-ins etc.) I really enjoy StreetSoccer and would love a game that broadens its gameplay to simulate a stadium football game. It seems like that is what this game sets out to accomplish. I guess I just have to ask why it is titled as if it is simulating a future ruleset..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ondatje
United States
Marina Del Rey
California
flag msg tools
yes, by 2020 they did away with the time consuming center circle kick off after goals, they now just use a goal kick to get play started again. Also you cant just kick the ball out of bounds in 2020, you have to keep it in play, puts pressure on defenders now, they cant just boot it ob whenever they want, the fans love it,which is good for the game.. Thats really about the only two things i can think of for changes, they still allow 3subs and the dreaded offside rule exists. And of course, still lots of swan diving for fouls....still win by scoring more goals than the other team.... oh, and sepp blatter finally retired
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corné van Moorsel
Netherlands
Maastricht
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
And the main differense in my opinion: no half-time pause. In a boardgame it's not fine to take everything from the board and place it again halfway. Of course you can do that if you want to change it to a more perfect simulation of current time soccer.
You can add kicking the ball back into your goalie's hands, to simulate historical games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Plus, you can start the match with your strikers lined up on the opponent's penalty area. Saves all that unnecessary running around at the start.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.