North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
Join the BGG Folding @Home Team !!
badge
This user had more :gg: than sense
mbmbmbmbmb
Walter Raleigh1 wrote:
When you travel, do you place quest units on the location just like you were "questing" again? Or do you wait until Quest phase rolls around again to do that?
thanks
Sabryin
You wait for the next quest phase.

Where did you think those quest tokens would come from?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Walter Raleigh1 wrote:
When you travel, do you place quest units on the location just like you were "questing" again? Or do you wait until Quest phase rolls around again to do that?

Traveling to a location simply makes it the active location. Any progress tokens earned during the quest phase are applied to the active location before being applied to the current quest. However, the quest phase occurs before the travel phase, so there is no chance to apply progress tokens via the quest phase on the turn you've first traveled to a location; you have to wait until the quest phase of the next turn.

Of course, the text of a card may instruct you to add progress tokens during the travel phase. The Brown Lands is an example of this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave D
msg tools
binaryeye wrote:
Traveling to a location simply makes it the active location. Any progress tokens earned during the quest phase are applied to the active location before being applied to the current quest.

Hmm, I felt I was clear on this, but now I'm not. The rulebook says that that progress tokens generated, are placed on the active location first. That text might have been under the quest phase of the rule book, but the text itself is general. I also don't see this addressed in the official FAQ.

So basically, I thought that you could travel to a location, and then in the same turn, attack and kill something with Legolas, and those progress tokens are diverted first to the active location.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Dallas
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, that is correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.