United States
Middlesboro
Kentucky
flag msg tools
We'll see.
badge
Bro, why you so mad?
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sorry if this has been posted somewhere else. I looked through the forums and didn't see it. I'm wondering if anyone has contacted Tree Frog about the possibility of replacing the misprinted Fort Venango card? I know that the card is easy enough to fix with a Sharpie, but I'd rather not resort to that if they're going to send out replacements anyway.

Also, I'm wondering about:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/743531/rules-changes-fro...

Are we going to need a new French Bateaux card with a light background? I'm thinking that this is less likely, because Mr. Wallace mentioned posting varients/scenarios on the Treefrog website that would alter the rules.

So the only real issue I'm having is wondering if they'll be replacing that Fort Venango card? Given this game's success, I'm sure they'll be a second printing. Perhaps during that time they'll have replacements for those who e-mail? Maybe sooner?

(I don't want nit-pick and whine. This is a great game, and the one card that is misprinted isn't that big of an issue, but if I can get it replaced I will. )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan
Brazil
Interior de São Paulo
São Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JrStrange wrote:

(I don't want nit-pick and whine. This is a great game, and the one card that is misprinted isn't that big of an issue, but if I can get it replaced I will. )

One more here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Miller
Canada
Medicine Hat
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As I recently posted in another thread, if you sleeve your cards,a more creative-than-I user has posted a corrected Venago card in the image or file section. Print, cut, sleeve into your existing card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Redmon
United States
Middlesboro
Kentucky
flag msg tools
We'll see.
badge
Bro, why you so mad?
mbmbmbmbmb
Kestril wrote:
As I recently posted in another thread, if you sleeve your cards,a more creative-than-I user has posted a corrected Venago card in the image or file section. Print, cut, sleeve into your existing card.

That isn't a bad fix at all. I saw that file and was very impressed with it. However, although maybe I should sleeve my cards, I don't. I guess I'll just keep waiting about to see what happens, perhaps e-mail Treefrog when they start printing the second edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Redmon
United States
Middlesboro
Kentucky
flag msg tools
We'll see.
badge
Bro, why you so mad?
mbmbmbmbmb
To quote Martin Wallace: (from his reply, found hereRe: Mistake on the Fort Vanango card)

Frog1 wrote:
Yes, should have had Fort Duquesne on it instead, sorry about that. In reality this has zero effect on the game. The only time you would play the card to go from Venango to Duquesne is if you managed to go around the back via Niagara. the game would be pretty much over and done for the French if you took that amount of real estate off of them.

The reason why there is not a British Michillimackinac is for similar reasons, plus I had to limit the cards to 110.

Martin

So I guess it isn't really an issue to begin with. I'm so strange about things like this that I kept toying with the idea of sending out the e-mail anyway, just to see. However, I feel comfortable with it now and will not worry myself with it anymore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Schmidt
United States
West Greenwich
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JrStrange wrote:
To quote Martin Wallace: (from his reply, found hereRe: Mistake on the Fort Vanango card)

Frog1 wrote:
Yes, should have had Fort Duquesne on it instead, sorry about that. In reality this has zero effect on the game. The only time you would play the card to go from Venango to Duquesne is if you managed to go around the back via Niagara. the game would be pretty much over and done for the French if you took that amount of real estate off of them.

The reason why there is not a British Michillimackinac is for similar reasons, plus I had to limit the cards to 110.

Martin

So I guess it isn't really an issue to begin with. I'm so strange about things like this that I kept toying with the idea of sending out the e-mail anyway, just to see. However, I feel comfortable with it now and will not worry myself with it anymore.

Funny about Martin's reply as that's what happened tonight when I went that route (and the final score was British 84, French 55). Still, replacement cards would be nice. Hate marking the cards but since they're sleeved, may try an overlay approach.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.