Subject: Consolidating entries for expansions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Si
United Kingdom
Norwich
flag msg tools
badge
For the love of all that is holy, will someone just ask her about the book?
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello

I am looking at a game in the database with lots of expansions, including several web-published ones. I think that three of the web-published expansions listed would be much better represented as one single entry.

How do I go about suggesting that the three entries be consolidated into one?

Thanks very much.

Si

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Netherlands
flag msg tools
       This space              intentionally              left blank.
badge
Use the corrections link to the right of the main game info for one of the expansions. Put your rationale (including links to the other two expansions in question) in the textarea at the bottom of that corrections page, and wait a few days (up to a few weeks) for the admin(s) to decide (and potentially make the changes).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a policy change, so you'd have to suggest it in the BGG Suggestions forum.

As you state it, I rather doubt it would be accepted. What might be acceptable would be an option to collapse unofficial expansions when viewing expansions. You know: the usual click on the + to get the list.

Don't underestimate web expansions, though. Some are quite extensive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Si
United Kingdom
Norwich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the tips.

Tall_Walt wrote:
Don't underestimate web expansions, though. Some are quite extensive.
I have nothing against web expansions. However in this case I am talking about three cards which were all issued at once and (imho) should have been added as one expansion in the first place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Are you aware of the dangers foxes pose to you and
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
mbmbmbmbmb
Some games have promo cards bundled into one entry (Munchkin Promo Cards), and/or consist of just one entry period (Magic: The Gathering). Other games have single card entries by the boatload (Anima Tactics). I think there's a movement towards consolidating them, though: I can see that King of Tokyo has had its promos rolled into one entry, which I will randomly take credit for having suggested it a few months ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Eric Martin
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
Kaffedrake wrote:
Some games have promo cards bundled into one entry (Munchkin Promo Cards), and/or consist of just one entry period (Magic: The Gathering). Other games have single card entries by the boatload (Anima Tactics). I think there's a movement towards consolidating them, though: I can see that King of Tokyo has had its promos rolled into one entry, which I will randomly take credit for having suggested it a few months ago.

Some of the BGG admins, including moi, have mulled thoughts of how to consolidate and present expansions and promos more efficiently and effectively. Ascension and its panoply of single-card promos is my red alert, with the promo listings foghorning out the base games with their plenitude. Along the same lines, we want a good way to include the dozens of Magic: The Gathering releases and various other C*G items. The ideal system – still in thought mode at this point – will handle all of this with a dollop of whipped cream on top.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Si
United Kingdom
Norwich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks all. I've submitted a correction proposal for the entries in question, so let's see what Eric and his fellow admins think of it.

I can see the long-term problems with games that have lots of promotional releases. I suppose the obvious way would be to have a new category of "Promotional Items" which would by definition be items which were not issued for sale. But I can also see the potential problems with this, creating a new layer, and the blurred distinction between what is promotional and what is not. It might be as easy just to accept that some games have lots of promos and rely on users to bundle them together if they all came from one source, say one convention event.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.