Subject: A couple of quick questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean Gossett
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
1. When finishing, do you draw the gear card of the gear you used to cross the finish line? (the rules only mentions drawing a gear card when you crash across the line)

2. What are the rules for transitioning from asphalt to snow and vice versa? For example, if I am using asphalt tires and roll 1 hazard triangle on asphalt, then a second hazard on snow, have I crashed? Or am I safe for having only rolled 1 hazard while on snow?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Clegg
United States
San Carlos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For #1, yes -- you always take the gear card for the last gear die you used to move. I could see a situation where you were doing a Time Attack with more dice than necessary to cross the line (which seems unusually dangerous -- why take more risk?) but if you were to do that, I would guess that you would take the time card of whatever gear die you actually crossed the line with.

For #2, this is somewhat covered in the new rules, page 14, but I'm realizing it's not quite completely explained.

I *believe* (you'll have to wait for Jean-Christophe for an official answer) that it all depends on what terrain you're on at the time each hazard is rolled. The rulebook shows that if you have one hazard on snow, move to asphalt and roll another hazard, you're okay. I think this implies that you figure out what terrain you're on at the time you roll a hazard to figure out what happens.

So if you roll a hazard on asphalt, then move onto snow and roll another hazard, you've crashed (because on snow, you crash after two hazards). If you have two hazards on asphalt, then move to snow, you're still okay -- because you only check to see if you've crashed when you roll a hazard (or "apply a hazard", if you're doing time attack).

But that's pure conjecture on my part, although I think it makes sense (definitely a simple way to handle the logic).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Chien
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Close, Paul, but not quite.

You only crash if you roll three hazards total or two on snow, when using the standard tarmac/asphalt tires. So in this case, if you started on asphalt and rolled one hazard, then moved into snow and rolled a second one, you would be fine.

Of course, a third one and you'd lose control no matter what

Cameron

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Chipman
United States
Zephyrhills
Florida
flag msg tools
Mobius118 wrote:
1. When finishing, do you draw the gear card of the gear you used to cross the finish line? (the rules only mentions drawing a gear card when you crash across the line)

2. What are the rules for transitioning from asphalt to snow and vice versa? For example, if I am using asphalt tires and roll 1 hazard triangle on asphalt, then a second hazard on snow, have I crashed? Or am I safe for having only rolled 1 hazard while on snow?

both of your questions have been asked and answered in previous posts:

Crossing the finish line do you draw a time card?

Asphalt to Ice - loss of control

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Clegg
United States
San Carlos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drat.

For completeness, on that previous link about mixed road types, you have to go through and find another link to here, where Jean-Christophe actually answers the question:

The designer's answer

The short form answer is, using tarmac tires on snow, the two hazards have to both have been on snow... So if you move from asphalt with one hazard, onto snow, you won't crash until you roll two more hazards.

...Paul

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Gossett
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
Whoops, sorry. I'm usually good about checking previous forums, I guess I missed those.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Christophe Bouvier
France
Saint-Didier en Velay
Auvergne
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you everybody for work for me !
happy new year on the roads of Rallyman !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Worm
Australia
Townsville
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jcbouvier wrote:
Thank you everybody for work for me !
happy new year on the roads of Rallyman !

Great Video Jean-Christophe.
It looked like you did it stop motion animation style, that is until those cars went over the jump! Do you mind my asking how you did it?

Cheers

Worm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.