Tannhäuser» Forums » Rules

Subject: Newb pathfinding questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gareth Roberts
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am trying to play my first game in the crypt (playing against self to learn the rules.)

I got the revised rulebook in my box so I am up to date.

It seems there are separate paths that are the same colour. Can I sight from one path to another of the same colour?

Given the geography of the map this sometimes seems to make sense and other times I'm not so sure...

The paths I particularly have in mind are Dark Green and Red.

Looking at the castle tactical map I'm guessing no because different corridors share the same colour and presumably you can't fire through walls, but I just want to be sure.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Hjelme
Norway
Arendal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Gareth.

Sometimes the colors have to be reused throughout the board. As long as the circles are not connected it pretty safe to assume they don´t have LOS even if the share a color.

Hope this helps.

-Morten
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miah Terry
United States
Huntington
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Morten's right.

Colors somtimes get reused.

And you don't need the Tac Maps as much these days, they were mostly for checking adjacency, but now you can just use the base of a figure if it touches both circles (except through a wall) your adjacent.

The newer maps try to reuse colors less, but there are only so many colors that can be easily distinguished.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gareth Roberts
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks you people get gold for your super expedient replies!

I guess I was over thinking it, if you had an outdoors map you might have los for paths that were not actually near each other (like a cliff overlooking a valley)

Presumably this is why the maps aren't outdoors!

edit

(hah Miah I clicked 0.05 by accident the first time hence your slightly larger tip.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miah Terry
United States
Huntington
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow thanks! Never got a tip before!

Always here to help.

Thanks to you too, Noahboa.

Just a note any GeekGold I earn will be used to buy stuff for The Tannhauser Blog, that is of course if I ever have enough to use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason T
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A newB question here as well. So, in the updated rules in reference to the castle map, the spaces going from the hall way through a slightly open door do not share a color however on the tactical map that shows adjacency there are small black lines connecting those circles. Is this to say that I can move from one to another though the door but cannot shoot through the door. Do I read this right?

Thank you for your patiences. I appreciate any help in clarifying.
Happy gaming!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.