Risk: Godstorm» Forums » General

Subject: Siren calls!?!?! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Canale
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
This card is the most ridiculous card and I am debating on burning this card... The game is very strategic but this card just throws out all strategy and makes it luck which is not fun.... Has anyone else had complaints about this card??? Should i just remove it from play???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Garramone
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll never forget my second game where my brother was in the bottom-most territory in Germania with this HUGE army of about 13 plus 3 Gods. On my friend's turn he plays that card and teleports every one of my brother's pieces in that space to Atlantis and then proceeds to play 'The Sea Is Your Tomb' and finishes off the whole force off.

The look on my brother's face was priceless. But yeah, I get your drift. 'Eagles Take Flight' is the sister card to this one that can also have devastating effect. We enjoy both of those cards. The one card in the game we often take out is 'The Sands of Time' that moves the Epoch marker back, in order to speed up the play of what is usually a very long game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cavaliere
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ryan,

There are some cards in the game that seem a little crazy but for me the variation in play and the bit of craziness is a good change in pace for the all the Risk I play.

HERE is a good thread with some 'tweaks' and an example of the Sea is Your Tomb card play that happened in a game we played not too long ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.